Chinese Donfeng Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am about to get new DTH drill rig powered by this Chinese made, 153KW, 6 cylinder Cummins engine. It does not have egr or the like. The seller suggests to use any 15W-40 CF oil.

What are your suggestions?

Furthermore, and a bit striking to me, the builder suggests to use Machine Oil N32 on the rotary head. This thing is a gearbox with straight pinions and ball bearings. I tried the seller to explain me what kind of oil that is but I did not go very far.

1st. I am not familiar with Machine Oils(?). 2nd I have another drill rig (Diamond core) built in Canada whose rotary head uses std 80W90 oil.

Any suggestions and thoughts are very much appreciated.

This stuff is common, about the same viscosity as automatic transmission fluid, considerable thinner than 80W90.

Rod

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
This stuff is common, about the same viscosity as automatic transmission fluid, considerable thinner than 80W90.

Rod

Maybe its not common in Chile?

is that iso 32?

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr

Rod

Maybe its not common in Chile?

is that iso 32?

That is my guess.

Unless you are in the far south (cold in the winter) I would use a high quality CG4 or CH4 or even CI4 15W40. As far the drill head there's no hypoid gears but since probably no bronze a low viscosity gear oil will not be harmful but the closest common thing might be 10W motor oil.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will use Delo Gold Ultra 15w-40. As for the drill head I will take a sample I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back