Where are Toyo tires made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking into the Toyo Versado Noire, nice tire, but no where I can find where this tire is made.

Toyo seems to keep it secret or avoid making it bold. Toyo is originally from Japan.

Any of you knows where Toyo tires are made??

Toyo's are made in Japan, Indonesia and China, and some are made in the USA as well.

My previous 4 sets of Toyo winter tires were all made in Japan. Does Japan even get winter ... ?

Originally Posted by wolf_06
I was looking into the Toyo Versado Noire, nice tire, but no where I can find where this tire is made.

Toyo seems to keep it secret or avoid making it bold. Toyo is originally from Japan.

Any of you knows where Toyo tires are made??

Looking at TireRack, all the Toyo models they carry are made either in Japan or US. They don't carry this specific model though.

Then again, if you look at this image, it says "Malaysia", but it's possible they're made at multiple locations, depending on destination market.

[Linked Image from images.tirebuyer.com]

If you have a local dealer who sells Toyo, look at one of its Versado tires and note the DOT code. Last year I bought a set of Milestar MS932 V rated tires whose code indicated they were made at a Kumho plant in Vietnam.

BTW the previous Versado's on my wife's M35 gave us good service and tread mileage, and they never became noisy. But when I replaced them, I went cheap with the Milestars due to the age of the car and the low miles we now drive each year..

With some tires, even the same exact model tires, the place where they're made can vary depending on the tire size.

I don't know what size tires your mazda has, I looked at 2018 mazda 3's on tirerack and found a couple different sizes.

205/60/16. I found a couple used versado noir's on ebay in that size, and in the pictures the plant codes were "CM", which is a Toyo plant in Malaysia.

Another size is 215/45/18, but it seems toyo doesn't make a versado noir in that size.

Toyo has a manufacturing plant in White, GA with a stated production capacity of 11.5 mm tires a year. Not sure which tires are made there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back