VOA - Lubegard COMPLETEâ„¢ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid for Honda & Acura (PSF)

[Linked Image]

VOA - Lubegard COMPLETEâ„¢ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid for Honda & Acura (PSF)

https://imgur.com/a/ND0xUdV

Originally from this thread, don't want it to get lost in the very active ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S sub forum:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5301241/3

Thank you for doing this my I think we need to compare this to the OE fluid, in order to at least understand if viscosity is consistent, and if there's any noticeable additive difference.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Thank you for doing this my I think we need to compare this to the OE fluid, in order to at least understand if viscosity is consistent, and if there's any noticeable additive difference.

Yes, my thoughts too. Is it good or bad? If it is fantastic, should I flush out my existing Honda PSF and use this? How is it different or similar to the Honda fluid and what do the numbers mean if it is different?

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Is this P/S fluid for Honda/Acura hydraulic P/S system or electric(e-PS system)?

"engineered specifically for 2007 and up applications that specifically call for a fully synthetic power steering fluid. It is also backwards compatible with 2007 and older Honda & Acura vehicles"
21.gif

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Thank you for doing this Don!

you're both welcome, the service was relatively cheap at ALS Labs - [ CLICK HERE to find out HOW CHEAP ]
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn

Yes, my thoughts too. Is it good or bad? If it is fantastic, should I flush out my existing Honda PSF and use this? How is it different or similar to the Honda fluid and what do the numbers mean if it is different?

[ CLICK HERE for the original thread ] for reference on Honda Genuine PSF comparisons...

I'm currently towards the end of an Auto-RX Plus cleaning cycling with my power steering system, thus haven't tried it yet. I'm pretty sure it'll perform as described by the manufacturer, obviously it's not going to 'wow me' or 'blow my mind' !
crazy2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. I don't have any Hondas anymore (gave the Odyssey to our oldest son for his family, wife got a Fusion minivan (read: Transit Connect
lol.gif
) ) but IIRC this definitely looks like it falls into the viscosity range of OEM fluid, which is much thicker than ATF. Lubegard makes A+ products IMO, so if they say it works, I tend to believe them. Welcome, and keep up the great work!

Okay well I guess I'm still a bit confused even after looking at that other thread. I don't go through that much Honda PSF (a once every 2-3 years flush) so maybe I'm just not understanding how it is deeply significant. My local Honda dealer sells their fluid for a reasonable price and I only use two or maybe three bottles for that maintenance.

Originally Posted by discountdon
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What's a quart cost? Can't seem to find it online to buy.

it's at the everything store: Amazon [ CLICK HERE for latest price ]

Usually ships between 1-3 months, ugh. I really wanted to try this in my Odyssey. I replaced O rings, reservoir, and flushed a year ago. Pump noise completely went away but it has started to get difficult to turn again under low speed conditions. A new drain and fill might be in order.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Okay well I guess I'm still a bit confused even after looking at that other thread. I don't go through that much Honda PSF (a once every 2-3 years flush) so maybe I'm just not understanding how it is deeply significant. My local Honda dealer sells their fluid for a reasonable price and I only use two or maybe three bottles for that maintenance.

LG claims lower wear & scarring from the standardized 'ATSM 4172 4 Ball' wear test and 'PIN & V Block' wear test, better flow, wider operating temperatures from it being synthetic, higher flash point, and it has their proprietary LXE wax esters. Honda Genuine OE PSF has no synthetic declaration. So in theory, this third party PSF outperforms OE...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by discountdon
LG claims lower wear & scarring from the standardized 'ATSM 4172 4 Ball' wear test and 'PIN & V Block' wear test, better flow, wider operating temperatures from it being synthetic, higher flash point, and it has their proprietary LXE wax esters. Honda Genuine OE PSF has no synthetic declaration. So in theory, this third party PSF outperforms OE...

All right I guess. But on the other hand I've run my old Accord for 24 years now and over a quarter million miles on the factory fluid, I don't know how much more longevity I really want out of that vehicle.

I also don't know how applicable those ASTM tests are to a hydraulic vane pump system. Maybe they are. Flash point would have no relevance unless you're concerned the fluid is going to burst into flames in the presence of an ignition source.

Wondering if Lubeguard's "regular" synthetic power steering fluid uses a similar additive package and the main difference would be the viscosity. It appears very much like an ATF additive pack.

Back