0w30 Maximum Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this come on the market? Never have seen them on shelves:

[Linked Image]

It may or may not be too late but there's currently a $25 rebate off a 6 pack which runs about $40 at walmart. You can pick this or the 0w20 or 0w16 flavors.

I've got a case of that and the Pennzoil Stop/Start 5W-30. I tried doing a search here for more info on the Stop/STart but couldn't find anything.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
It may or may not be too late but there's currently a $25 rebate off a 6 pack which runs about $40 at walmart. You can pick this or the 0w20 or 0w16 flavors.

It's sold out on Amazon and Walmart...

marketing is so wacky sometimes! CFM and AFR determine power, and 0w16 'drags' less than 0w30 - I'd like to know how they justify their claim..

Originally Posted by Olas
marketing is so wacky sometimes! CFM and AFR determine power, and 0w16 'drags' less than 0w30 - I'd like to know how they justify their claim..

Are you gonna use a 0w16 in a Xw30 specd engine or vice versa?..prolly not. So it's relative, I think that's how they can get away with it? (whether or not internal data supports such claims is an entirely different matter but probably something you're not likely to ever get your hands on, outside of independent lab testing, or unless you decide to sue them.. and suing big oil?.. good luck with that)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Olas

Are you gonna use a 0w16 in a Xw30 specd engine or vice versa?..prolly not. So it's relative, I think that's how they can get away with it? (whether or not internal data supports such claims is an entirely different matter but probably something you're not likely to ever get your hands on, outside of independent lab testing, or unless you decide to sue them.. and suing big oil?.. good luck with that)

I dont condone using viscosities not supported by the climate I opperate my vehicle in, irrespecive of what the OM might spec. SAE tells us that viscosity is determined by climate.
I dont want to sue anybody, but I bet you 10 million dollars that the product in question does not 'maximise engine performance' - Im just being open about how I think their claims are not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back