Lucas Red "N" Tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some time on my hands today and decided to load up the new gun with Mystic JT6 High Temperature and lube the snowblower. My first impression is that the Mystic looks less viscous than the Lucas RNT. Obviously looks are often misleading. Once things warm up a bit I will store both guns side by side to compare the oil separation.

So now that I have two guns, what other type of grease [other than NGLI #2 High Temp] might be useful for the typical OPE fleet? Actually I should extend that to un-powered stuff like the wheelbarrow, lawn spreaders, etc. ???

Mobil Greases Bleeds like crazy.

You might try the Amsoil Polymer greases which Lucas tried to copy (IMHO); and they don't bleed.

With apologies to Blue AMU commercials.
smile.gif

Mystik® JT-6® Hi-Temp Grease #2 has better specs and is cheaper by me at fleet farm

Dropping Point, ASTM D2265, °F 550
Water Washout, ASTM D1264, % loss @ 175°F Timken OK Load, ASTM D2509, lb. 80

I use Mystic JT-6 green tube in everything including my Tie Down boat trailer bearings and zero turn bearings. Never any separation. My second pick would be green grease but it was hard to find.

I tried Lucas red n tacky and Walmart marine grease. I pulled them from the gun and tossed in garbage.
I only use 2-3 tubes a year so I am not putting up with the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back