Degreasers : citrus vs others

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been using purple power as a apc for years. seems to work ok. i am almost out and thinking of trying the citrus based ones . So does one work better than the other?

I have Zep Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser and Simple Green and have used them side by side and cant really tell a difference except for the smell.

I have also been using Lestoil and it works just as good as any other..but has a very hospital like smell.

For the Money i still like LA Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store.

There are videos of PineSol cleaning carburetors on youtube.. so i guess it works well too,

Next time you go to wash your greasy hands try baby oil.. ive tried every hand cleaner on the market..nothing works like baby oil..

Auto stores sell the orange based with pumice in it in a 1 gal pumper bottle. hands get squeeky clean. Plain old Palmolive green also cuts grease like a champ.

I like the citrus based degreasers when there is no chance that they will come in contact with rubber or plastic. Many are sold to remove tire marks on cement. I have had rubber fuel line get a soft feel after being sprayed down with citrus and the lettering was wiped off, so stick to hard surfaces and it should be OK.

I'm a firm believer in citrus based cleaners. I'm 55 now and I think I have tried them all over the years and I always come back to these types of cleaners.

I snowmobile and if anyone else does, they know these things can get nasty under the hood and elsewhere due to belt dust and somewhat leaky exhausts, especially on 2 strokes.

I purchase a product called Citro Gleam from Swish and dilute the heck out of and it still does a great job cleaning up grease, oils and belt dust.

HPIM0325 (Large).JPG

HPIM0386 (Large).JPG

HPIM0999.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back