Stabil 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a 10 oz. bottle of Stabil 360(which is supposed to treat 50 gals.) In about 12 gals. of gasoline. Tank capacity is only 16 gals. Will it hurt my 2007 Mustang 4.6 3V ?

It will be fine, but for a correct mix ratio you have to add a gallon of Marvel Mystery oil and a gallon of Seafoam. All on this same tank of gas. Enjoy, and let us know how that works out
happy2.gif

Here's what their web page says: "No, over-dosage is perfectly OK. However, we do not recommend adding more than 4 times the recommended amount. If more than 4 times has been added we recommend diluting the fuel."

Seems like if you fill your tank up to full (16 gallons), you will be fine.

I remember a post here many years ago that someone severely over dosed their gas and the thought that it might have dissolved the in-tank filter sock.......just a faded memory anecdote.

I agree Donald, I prefer the Marine 360. I add 2 ounces per tank and that's it, and only when the vehicle will be sitting for more than 2 weeks, or a couple times during winter. I doubt it does much for "cleaning" but I consider it almost a maintenance dose in between Redline SI-1, Techron, or Gumout AIO/Multi-system.

OP, you should be fine. Considering you added 10oz to ~16 gallons of gas, you're only around 0.5% of the total content. Nothing to worry about in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back