Kumho Road Venture AT51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them on one of my Landcruisers. They are OK, but I am not going out of my way to get them next time. No complaints, but I drive rather conservatively in my old age.

Running a set on my 2002 Z71 in a E-range 285/75-16 (33"). They're pretty good riding and quiet for an all terrain. I go off pavement fairly often...wet, dry, etc. and these have never given me any doubt in their capabilities. Will likely purchase another set.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
What vehicle is this for?
They are an aggressive tire and will create some road noise. Not a bad tire just not a great general usage one. Better if mud and/or snow is a concern.

The Kumho Crugen HT51 would be a better general tire that works well in rain. They are also a little cheaper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kumho-Crugen-HT51-265-65R18-112-T-Tire/52129684

Probably the Silverado in the OP's signature

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by Jimzz
What vehicle is this for?
They are an aggressive tire and will create some road noise. Not a bad tire just not a great general usage one. Better if mud and/or snow is a concern.

The Kumho Crugen HT51 would be a better general tire that works well in rain. They are also a little cheaper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kumho-Crugen-HT51-265-65R18-112-T-Tire/52129684

Probably the Silverado in the OP's signature

Correct. 08' Silverado Z71 4x4

I'm another fan of the Kumho Crugen HT51 unless you spend a good deal of your time in true off-road conditions. I was truly amazed at how good they were on my last truck in all conditions. I spend about 30% of my time on rutted out, somewhat rocky roads, dirt roads, and pasture and the other 70% of the time on paved roads getting to those. They were just the ticket for a great compromise. Surprisingly good in snow and wet conditions as well. Price was right too.

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Thank ls for the advice all. The HT51 May be a better fit. They look like a copy of a Michelin LTX M/S2 IMO.

Have HT51's on my truck that replaced LTX MS2's. Can confirm they are quiet and work well in the rain. They have the 3-peak mountain symbol, which the Michelin doesn't have, so they may even be better in the snow- I haven't tried yet. They took a little more weight than the Michelins but if you have your tire shop mount them so the red dots line up with the valve stems they balance up nicely. I bought mine in Black Friday, they were under $100 each with a rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back