New to me Kdw1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little over a year ago I picked up a KDW1404 that I'm converting to genset use. It's in good shape, but hours and UOA unknown.

Reason it was separated from the vehicle it was in is that it was revving high and pulled out of service. Issue was identified to be a failed governor. It was bought from a reputable mechanic who only sold it to me after he heard I was in the market for something in that size. Initially I was looking at a different engine he had. He included the new governor As he was going to replace and either sell the engine or use it in another swap

First order of business after building a stand is doing a fluid replacement. Existing oil looks good and the engine is stocking OEM filters

I'm going with Wix air filter and Mobil 1 oil filter. Haven't figured out the fuel filter, I want something with good water separator capabilities.

Question for me is which oil?

The prescribed one is:

AGIP SINT 2000 specifications 5W40
API SJ/CF ACEA A3-96 B3-96 MIL - L-46152 D/E

This is some European spec oil that's full synthetic.

Since I'm in Ontario, my options are generally limited to CT and Princess Auto.

I'm considering either Rotella T6 or Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40. I figured an ultra cold start of the generator might be rough at -30 but I can cross that bridge when I get there

Thoughts? Thanks!

Both the Pennzoil Euro and Shell Rotella T6 have standard viscosity of 5W-40, but they also have an Arctic version, 0W-40...

If you do not have emissions, I suggest the T6...

Really tough motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back