Valvoline Super Diesel 15W-40 in a motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Hoping for some help in determining whether or not this particular diesel oil contains any friction modifiers.

I've run various car oils in my bikes for decades without issues. The only thing I always confirm is that the intended oil does Not contain friction modifiers which would impact a typical wet clutch.

I am trying to determine whether this particular Valvoline oil diesel oil contains friction modifiers. I have attached pictures of the labels so hoping someone smarter than I can help.
Thanks in advance for your help.

2D407740-25CC-4552-9042-5158E5F332C2.jpeg

47774F94-1D3F-47A6-96E6-B330472F7CB0.jpeg

Use it. The myth that oils cause clutch slippage is nonsense. Any oil that does not carry the "energy conseving" banner is ok. Ail diesel oils are fine. I put 109,000 miles on my last bike, Honda Goldwing 1800, using Mobil 1 5W40 synthetic turbo diesel. Many miles pulling a trailer. Original clutch, no slippage.

diesel oils should work great....
PI sheet available if you search for:

Super_Diesel_15W-40-PI_Sheet.pdf

That is one heck of a good bike oil! Cant buy oil with those ratings anymore in the USA except for a select few. I have a similar rated oil in a 15/50 From Mystic JT8
No way would it hurt your clutch.

Friction modifiers additives are only a small percent of the total oil product and help
the base oil do things that it otherwise could not... Additives fall into several basic
categories but Moly, Phosphors and Zinc are the most often used friction modifiers... what
ever small percent of FM employed they will not defeat a wet clutch in good working order...

The holy trinity of science is 1)Reason 2)Observation 3)Experience...
employing those tools we observe that the primary cause clutch slip
are high mileage... mileage is the constant among all of the clutches
that begin to slip... oil choice whether JASO approved or not is not a
constant... High mileage is the constant where all clutches begin to
loose grip due to normal glazing and contaminates that build up over use...

[Linked Image from vfrdiscussion.com]

BLS, you cut and paste into every thread you join these days? Seriously, you've put the same thing in at least five or six threads now. You've had some legit things to say when you put something original out there and not reuse the same stuff over and over from multiple sources or post oil analysis comparisons to oils that don't exist anymore. Do you see my point, respectfully?

I see your point Bonz but respectfully my post are intended to inform the newbies... ignore it if you seen it before...

Last edited:
I can understand that, I just haven't seen that much duplicate in this many threads as I'm seeing here on any forum or this forum for that matter.

Carry on, enjoy your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back