Nature’s Perfect Survival Foods

With all the talk of stocking up, what foods do you think make good survival foods? Here's two I saw at Walley world today. Notice we're in the humour section here.

91C10A72-5AC5-4519-B130-73A2A0A425D5.jpeg

65A3F323-288B-45D4-BF11-B12925FD46DE.jpeg

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Maxwell House
37.gif

Every time someone posts that sick little guy I dammed near fall off the chair.
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
spam

If I was truly worried I'd be at the local asian mart buying large bags of rice (forget those paltry Walmart bags!). Nothing better than a butt load of empty carbs to keep us going over the long-haul!

If I was ULTRA worried, I'd be snatching up every bundle of ultra-soft TP there was, too!

For real, I started using the local Kroger or Publix, with coupons and clearance section instead of the up-and-down local Wally.

Real Meat/burger quality does not even compare.

Same with fruits and veggies. Even Aldi looks better sometime (and vegies + fruits is no their forte)

P.S. re: TP: what can you filter using TP? Also alternative uses?

My turn:
-.... (obvious)
-start an alcohol survival stove
-TP neighbors house? (I don't get this beside Halloween)
-packing moving stuff?

"With all the talk of stocking up, what foods do you think make good survival foods?"

If i knew that there was a zombie apocalypse coming..

Peanut Butter would be high on the list. Calorie Dense and could probably get 5 years out of a stash.

As for Rice being empty carbs.. The highest populated continents on earth rely on it..

Rice and Beans, or Peanut Butter and Beans is a complete protein..

So my 3 staples would be Rice, Beans and Peanut Butter.

That would be my fuel to hunt or fish and gather.

[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by AZjeff
How do you consider fake SPAM "nature's perfect survival food"?

Don't forget we're in the humour section. Fake spam, how bad is that? Good call!

Originally Posted by gathermewool

If I was ULTRA worried, I'd be snatching up every bundle of ultra-soft TP there was, too!

Toilet paper may be worth stocking up on. Australia and places in Europe are running out of toilet paper. It's all packaged in China and the facilities that package it are closed down. Same with paper towels.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72

Rice and Beans, or Peanut Butter and Beans is a complete protein..

So my 3 staples would be Rice, Beans and Peanut Butter.

I have enough rice, beans and ramen to survive for quite a while!

Originally Posted by DrDanger
Stocking up on TP will just slow down getting the hang of using leafs
lol.gif

The survivors of corona virus will be fighting over the leaves once the TP runs out. Of course, you can also use moss, smooth sticks, and smooth rocks, or a cog of corn. Do you want to hear my theory about the origin of pet rocks?

Originally Posted by DrDanger
Stocking up on TP will just slow down getting the hang of using leafs
lol.gif

But will Nissan be able to keep up with the demand?

Ed

Most important thing in my stash is 1/2 lb of pure ascorbic acid.
Would do me a world of good to draw down the cupboards/freezer/personally carried energy stores.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Originally Posted by gathermewool

Toilet paper may be worth stocking up on. Australia and places in Europe are running out of toilet paper. It's all packaged in China and the facilities that package it are closed down. Same with paper towels.[

really ???

yes, there's no toilet paper here...I'm VERY interested in your sources as to it all being packaged in China, and shipped umpteen thousand miles with the approximate packaging density of air...it beggars belief that they could do all that for $10/24 pack...that's like $6 US.

So got some links to back the TP is made in China, and that's why Oz ran out ???

Back