Spring Motorcycle oil layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring must be coming. Here is the layout of motorcycle oils at the local Walley World. It's still freezing at night up here. Enjoy.

BA270804-3EB5-451D-B118-B0D10C176319.jpeg

6EC7E0EC-FF11-43C9-BD61-D0EEB46E41F5.jpeg

2A106AF3-DAD9-4CB2-88B7-72FA3A3BB05C.jpeg

1EB33FB5-603E-4A8D-AAEF-19BCB327C44A.jpeg

You missed the Super Tech motorcycle oil. I saw it the other day but the price is still way to high. I think they must be getting it bottled by Mobil. I keep waiting for the Rottella T6 to go on sale or rebate. I need several gallons for the spring tractor and motorcycle change.

I didn't know Valvoline VR1 was a motorcycle oil....I thought it was a racing oil....like Mobil 0W-50.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
I didn't know Valvoline VR1 was a motorcycle oil....I thought it was a racing oil....

It doesn't have the word 'motorcycle' on the bottle anywhere, but works just fine in a motorcycle. Valvoline does say it's not recommended for wet clutches, but in 30K+ miles in my bike's sump the clutch hasn't complained.
And while it has the word 'Racing' on it, the common VR1 is mostly just a street oil with a big splooge of ZDDP. It has more than enough detergent for any reasonable OCI you'd run for a bike.

There's a 'Not Street Legal' (those words are literally on the label) VR1 that is supposedly more along the lines of a full-on racing oil, but seems to be rather hard to get.

UOA:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...voline-vr1-sae-40-4000-miles#Post4835587

I'm thinking the bottle should be labeled motorcycle oil to be in a motorcycle oil layout. Otherwise, where is the T6/etc oils ?
Also, I always thought Warren Oil bottled Supertech oils?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by troop
I'm thinking the bottle should be labeled motorcycle oil to be in a motorcycle oil layout. Otherwise, where is the T6/etc oils ?
Also, I always thought Warren Oil bottled Supertech oils?

Fair enough. It was sitting on the shelf with several motorcycle oils. I didn't bother passing judgement on it when I took my secret photos of them.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by samven
You missed the Super Tech motorcycle oil. I saw it the other day but the price is still way to high. I think they must be getting it bottled by Mobil. I keep waiting for the Rottella T6 to go on sale or rebate. I need several gallons for the spring tractor and motorcycle change.

I'll quote it this time. What makes you believe Mobil 1 is bottling it for Walmart? If it's a guess, that's kind of like saying Subaru and Toyota automobiles are the same color red therefore they must come from the same factory. Simply looking for some veracity behind what was said.

Originally Posted by jeff78
Originally Posted by tundraotto
I didn't know Valvoline VR1 was a motorcycle oil....I thought it was a racing oil....

It doesn't have the word 'motorcycle' on the bottle anywhere, but works just fine in a motorcycle. Valvoline does say it's not recommended for wet clutches, but in 30K+ miles in my bike's sump the clutch hasn't complained.
And while it has the word 'Racing' on it, the common VR1 is mostly just a street oil with a big splooge of ZDDP. It has more than enough detergent for any reasonable OCI you'd run for a bike.

There's a 'Not Street Legal' (those words are literally on the label) VR1 that is supposedly more along the lines of a full-on racing oil, but seems to be rather hard to get.

UOA:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...voline-vr1-sae-40-4000-miles#Post4835587

Does that still apply to the actual API-SL formulation in 20W50?

My local a Walmart had Supertech. ‘Cycle oil', 10-40. I ended up getting that for the CB-1100. Just a bit warmer & I will ride then change it.

I'll admit, I can't wait till the 1st analysis shows up with either the 10w40 or the 20w50 MC specific Super tech. Not going to be me, I'm running M1 10w40 in the sump for another 4,000 miles till the next change (1,000 miles since I changed it last fall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back