2014 Tundra 110k miles, 10k OCI M1 AFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest report from Blackstone.

2014 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L 4x4, had it since new. ~110k miles this oil change, 10k miles on oil, 1 quart of make up oil.

I have done 8-10k mile oil change intervals.

This oil change was primarily highway miles, some stop and go urban interstate driving (lotta stop, slow crawl), some short trips.

I use mostly OEM Toyota oil filters, Mobil 1 AFE, Napa Gold Air Filters with a few Napa Gold Oil filters through the years. Always used M1 AFE.

I am very pleased with this report and vehicle. I wanted a "40 year old check up" health report. I plan on keeping this truck until it dies, hopefully that is a long ways off. I have nothing bad to say about this truck. I do not want a new one due to all the focus being on technology and "the screen".

[Linked Image]

Faultless. Focus on the cosmetic aspects of upkeep (assuming that you do the other stuff besides oil changes of course.)

Realistically, that is what will take you out of this vehicle—-not the mechanical stuff.

Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Faultless. Focus on the cosmetic aspects of upkeep (assuming that you do the other stuff besides oil changes of course.)

Realistically, that is what will take you out of this vehicle—-not the mechanical stuff.

Exactly. I am going to have the interior "deep cleaned" soon. As soon as I can find a detailer that I trust to do it right. I'm talking about taking the seats out, shampoo'ing them, the carpet, tootbrush clean the interior plastics/seams, and really clean the interior glass.

I have some paint chips developing. Luckily I have a neighbor that is considered the best small job body and paint man around, works in his backyard. I am going to get him to fix those spots in a year or so.

I will also get the power steering, trans, diffs and transfer case fluids changed this, all for the second time. Just dropped and filled the radiator. Need to flush the brake fluid again.

But I'm trying to put as much off as possible, as I'm about to build a shop and hopefully have a lift. I'm getting too old to keep rolling around in the driveway.

I wouldn't change a thing. Clearly an Xw20 oil is plenty capable of protecting an engine. It's becoming a trend however on how easy some Toyota engines are on oil. Just last week or so there was a Sienna that went 10K on 0w20 supertech and results were great.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I wouldn't change a thing. Clearly an Xw20 oil is plenty capable of protecting an engine. It's becoming a trend however on how easy some Toyota engines are on oil. Just last week or so there was a Sienna that went 10K on 0w20 supertech and results were great.

This. It still amazes me people who can't/won't understand that 0w-20 oil is fine. The reports prove it. If it wasn't, you'd see increased wear metals.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge

This. It still amazes me people who can't/won't understand that 0w-20 oil is fine. The reports prove it. If it wasn't, you'd see increased wear metals.

This x 1,000. Run what you manual calls for and rock on. 0w20 is a fantastic oil.

Sure, just keep another quart handy for an add-on or two. Geniuses.

Originally Posted by Y_K

Troll, troll, troll your boat....

Originally Posted by Y_K

Lol. You are right. That report is just terrible. It could have been so much better with 15w50.

OP,
thumbsup2.gif
Just click the "ignore" button for the haters, since they wouldn't know a great report if it bit them in the hoohaw. I personally don't get UOAs when I've added makeup oil because there's no way to tell a true TBN at that point, but your report looks great!

While I did pay extra for the TBN, my primary query was lead, copper, water and anti-freeze.

IMO, that's the tale of the tape.

Originally Posted by thooks
While I did pay extra for the TBN, my primary query was lead, copper, water and anti-freeze.

IMO, that's the tale of the tape.

Yes sir. I pay extra for the TBN also, just out of curiousity. The wear metals are still decreasing in mine at 35k miles, engine is still breaking in. Can't beat a Toyota.

Nice report keep it going. I am getting ready to change the accessory belt on mine this weekend, I will do a drain and refill on the tranny and coolant at the same time.

Amkeer,

The serp belt was one of the toughest things I've done on cars. I haven't done it on my Tundra but did it on the Sequoia 5.7L

Not gonna tell how long it took, but I will say I learned a lesson. I regret not doing the Tundra soon after, as I fear I've forgotten some of what I learned.

You definitely need a Serp belt tool kit.

And draining the coolant and refilling has to be the easiest thing to do on this vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back