Nufinish polish then topcoat using carnuba wax by griot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Honda Pilot 2007 silver in color use duragloss 105 polish and cleaner wax. But now just bought Nufinish polish paste because it was $5 in Walmart to just try it on my car now thinking about putting griot best of show wax I have all ready buy it need few opinions about using both did damage clear coat or chemical reactions of different brand lead to any damage to paint. Search bitgo for using to product but no luck

Last edited:
Yes, you can do everything that you mentioned. Duragloss 105 is a good chemical cleaner sealant. Wait 24 hours. Follow with Nufinish which will help polish the paint for added shine. Just keep it away from black trim pieces. If you use Griot's wax all Nufinish to cure for 24 hours and it might give the paint some added shine.

Any pictures of the Pilot you can post?

Where I am now in Georgia it raining as soon as it stop and will post a picture

Originally Posted by Toh1
I have Honda Pilot 2007 silver in color use duragloss 105 polish and cleaner wax. But now just bought Nufinish polish paste because it was $5 in Walmart to just try it on my car now thinking about putting griot best of show wax I have all ready buy it need few opinions about using both did damage clear coat or chemical reactions of different brand lead to any damage to paint. Search bitgo for using to product but no luck

NuFinish is a mess if it gets on any any rubber/plastic/vinyl trim. Be very careful around trim.

Turtlewax ICE is as good or better and no issue with getting it on trim. Or stick with your Duragloss 105.

Its also a bit of a cleaner wax. Good if you want a cleaner/wax.

Last edited:
But now just bought Nufinish polish paste because it was $5 in Walmart to just try it on my car

I haven't heard that brand in decades. It was hawked on TV all the time. Isn't that a product of the 70's or 80's? If you're spending all that energy detailing your car, wouldn't you get something with modern chemistry that will last much longer?

I tested a number of waxes and protectants on our helicopter and Pilatus aircraft, in an attempt at reducing exhaust carbon stains. TLDR, Rejex worked best, by far at preventing the hot turbine engine exhaust from staining the paint.

I tested by taping off the horizontal stabilizer of the helicopter into a grid pattern. Then applying different products to each section.

What I did discover is that the solvents of one wax, tend to fully remove the coating previously applied. For example, if I used Rejex, and over-coated it with Simonize carnuba wax, the paint would absorb the exhaust carbon in exactly the same way as if I just used Simonize. The Rejex was gone. Same for Nu Finish, which offered a bit of protection.

Do the NuFinish first, wait for it to "cure" 24 hours and then top it with a wax if you so desire. Griot's and Collinite are my choices for wax, but even easier and faster would be Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic - you just won't get the same "pop" with certain colors only carnauba wax provides.

Best of Show wax is just that - a wax without abrasive cleaners, it has no "cleaning" ability. Prepare your paint and do any claying/iron dust remediation/paint correction before the NuFinish.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
But now just bought Nufinish polish paste because it was $5 in Walmart to just try it on my car

I haven't heard that brand in decades. It was hawked on TV all the time. Isn't that a product of the 70's or 80's? If you're spending all that energy detailing your car, wouldn't you get something with modern chemistry that will last much longer?

Nufinish is still competitive for the price, including longevity, but doesn't provide a thick enough coating for a deep shine so there's why some would like to wax over it.

It's ancient, and I can't believe people still use it today. There are so many better products available today that don't stain trim, look better, and last longer...

It is still top rated for longevity.

Thank a for details answer I have just used duragloss 105 now thing to do the Nufinish then after 24 hours want to use griot best of show wax.

Oh I see that you referring to my first post about using wax in my car after 10 years. But here is no question about Nufinish

My son detailed my truck this past weekend. He polished it with NU-FINISH polish, followed by BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND sealant. For extra pop he used EAGLE 1 detail spray.
Like everyone said, keep the NU-FINISH away from the plastic!

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
My son detailed my truck this past weekend. He polished it with NU-FINISH polish, followed by BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND sealant. For extra pop he used EAGLE 1 detail spray.

Best thing to do with it is throw it in the trash!

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

Best thing to do with it is throw it in the trash!

The trash collector might refuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back