Good door hinge grease/spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys like to use for door hinges, hood latches, etc.

Are there some types that covers multiple applications? Dry lubes? White Lithium?

I am old school and use a gravity style old click bottom long snout oil can. It has a mix of bottom of the jug motor oil. Works for me.

Think that's the only lube that stinks worse than MaxLife !
Probably 4 cans of it on my shelf … great for misc things …

Been using 0w20 in the squirt can … wheel barrow, dolly, yard wagon … still gets it done

I use Door Ease stick lubricant for indoor hinges. It is available at the local hardware store. I get 10-15 years of squeak free service from this.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What do you guys like to use for door hinges, hood latches, etc.

Are there some types that covers multiple applications? Dry lubes? White Lithium?

I have some leftover Liqui-Moly MoS2 - that stuff is AWESOME. Penetrates well and then leaves a dry moly on there

so ONE application, and forever done!

Its also great for a penetrating oil on screw nuts and bolts in very high heat application.

And its cheap.

I have used P B Blaster with success , but it eventually went away / evaporated . I am guessing engine oil would stay some what longer ?

I have some leftover Liqui-Moly MoS2 - that stuff is AWESOME. Penetrates well and then leaves a dry moly on there

I like this idea the best. There is also a spray chain/cable lube that works the same way.

LPS #3 is also an option. It's more of a spray grease, but is claimed to last 2 years.

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by Lubener
I use a couple different Blaster products. I won't use oil or lithium grease that will do nothing but attract dirt and grit which will grind the hinge to death.

https://blastercorp.com/blaster-corp-products/

Which one do you use for hinges / latches?

I use the garage door lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back