Bass pro shop 25w40 4 stroke oil

Anyone use this oil? Seems to be new, and half the price of quicksilver 25w40. Thanks

It is not a synthetic blend = just mineral oil and that is fine. They all seem to be catalyst compatible now which means they most likely have reduced ZDDP antiwear.
If you are looking for a dino oil in that weight it should fit the bill as it has the NMMA logo meaning it has been tested..

The quicksilver 25w40 mineral oil, not the syn blend. I know the bass pro shop says "premium blend", but I know it is not the synthetic blend. Just curious as it is like 12.99 for a gallon compared to twice that for the quicksilver 25w40.

While I have not used any of these oils I think they are all made by Warren Oil.
Quicksilver
Supertech
Bass Pro

Originally Posted by FastGame
Quicksilver is CITGO.

I was always told/led to believe that QS is exactly the same as Merc oil, only they can't sell Merc oil at dept stores but with QS they can for whatever reason(s)?

Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by FastGame
Quicksilver is CITGO.

I was always told/led to believe that QS is exactly the same as Merc oil, only they can't sell Merc oil at dept stores but with QS they can for whatever reason(s)?

It's a dealer franchise thing I think. I'm trying to think of other outboard manufacturers that sell their branded fluids at retail non-dealers and the only one I can think of is Yamaha.

Back