Tigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of Tigger with his current owner, my neighbor who no longer can take care of Tigger all the time. I will pick up Tigger tomorrow after work so he can settle in at my place. Tigger already knows me and my house because I have occasionally taken care of him. My neighbor is welcome to come over and to spend time with Tigger anytime. Tigger is a nice cat with a mellow disposition and we get on great. At 6 years old he weighs in at about 16 pounds and is fully armed. I'll have to get a new scratching post because my son took the other one when he took our cat with him.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Contrary to popular belief, cats do bond with their owners, and their territory. Changes can be very traumatic for them, even worse than for a dog. Good for you to rehome him, and the owner still visiting will help him to cope.

I remember when our neighbor passed, his cat kept returning home and begging to be let in. The new owners adopted him, and they said every day he went thru the home crying for his old owner. About a year later he passed, he was probably close to 20 years old. No doubt it took years off his life.

Picture of former owner shows no undue scratches and wounds so I guess you're safe. Always thought brown tabbies being closest to the "original" cats were probably the healthiest and most balanced cats. Glad you're there to adopt him and that his former owner will be in his life.

Nice face. Tigger Looks like my wife's old cat from 30 years ago named James
smile.gif

Wife has Human names for cats - I guess she doesn't like cutsie "pet names"

She called the neighbor's cat - Bruce Babbitt
smile.gif

I've had several tiger cats but have never seen one with that distance between the eyes. Maybe it is camera perspective, but that cat doesn't seem to far removed from his ancestors IMHO.

Great pencil eraser nose!

Last edited:
Good looking cat. I have always preferred cats over dogs, even though I have had a few dogs over the years.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
have never seen one with that distance between the eyes. Maybe it is camera perspective,

Yes it is, wide angle cell phone held close.

Human slave comment is spot on.
thumbsup2.gif

Cool looking cat, looking forward to more pics once he gets settled in his new home.

One thing I wish I did with Buddy, was take him on car rides. Once his kidneys were acting up and I was taking him to the vet, I found out he loved car rides. Sat on my lap and watched out the window. If I would have known that I would have taken him places!

Originally Posted by Driz
It's nice to find that Tiger found a new human slave........
thumbsup2.gif

Surely he will attempt to take me out before going ahead with the jailbreak. I know Tigger can operate door handles. He's very good at it. My house has only door handles and no door knobs.
grin2.gif

Great, great pictures... Similar to the markings my cat Princess had...

You are a good guy/neighbor vavavroom.

Last edited:
Tigger was watching me replace the door handles with knobs earlier today.

And now he seems to be scheming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back