High Quality Concealed Carry Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can tell, I am getting into pistols and such. Somewhat ignorant at present. So my questions may be very simple.

Which of all the concealed carry holster makers are considered to be in the top quality grouping. I know this is subjective but
I'm assuming there will be 4 or 5 that most gun owners regard as "premium" brands.

I've almost lost my mind trying to figure out the best cleaners and lubes.....
crazy2.gif

Bianchi, Galco, DeSantis, Safariland, Uncle Mike's - those are the brands that I own.

You've got to determine, 1. how you want to carry (inside/outside waistband) and 2. what kind of holster you like (kydex/leather/hybrid).

Then, if you're like me, you're going to buy a few that you simply don't like.

But you've got to have them in your hand and try them on to know that.

I've got several Galco cop 3 slot leather holsters like this one: https://www.galcogunleather.com/cop-3-slot-strongside-crossdraw-belt-holster_8_4_1067.html because that's what I was issued and used for years. I'm comfortable with it. But it's not the easiest to conceal unless you're wearing a heavy coat/jacket.

What are you considering? What kind of gun? How do you want to carry it?

If I were to buy a new, say, Sig P365, then I would be looking at one of the Kydex IWB holsters - super concealable, rugged, inexpensive.

I got this: https://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk-air-iwb-holster_8_7_1412.html for a Walther CCP, and it's really a good design, but I didn't like how it fit the gun. I'm going to heat the Kydex and mold it a bit. I think it would be a lot better if I bought it for, say, a Glock 43, where it's custom made. For the Walther, the holster is molded as a "universal" fit...which I didn't realize until I held it in my hands.

Thing with holsters is that I've bought a few that I just end up not liking. That seems to be the way they go...

Last edited:
Like Astro said, you'll buy many that you don't like until find one you do. I did exactly that, then bought a StealGear OWB VentCore and couldn't possibly be happier. They aren't cheap, but are far and away the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

For my S+W shield , i really like the N82 holster. Made here in NC. Not cheap but really comfortable.

Spreads the contact out a bit, does not really print. The back is some type of lambskin suede. Like Astro stated, you just have to buy some and some you like , some you don't.

https://n82tactical.com/

EDIT: I just looked at their site. They have a sale on. My holster is a few years old. They have newer models and their pricing is lower than when i bought mine. Some close outs similar to mine for around $31!! I paid more than that!

Also the store is no longer in NC, they were bought by MTC ( crossbreed) holsters, they moved to Springfield M.O. in Jan 2020.

IMG_20200229_102910288.jpg

IMG_20200229_102930359.jpg

Last edited:
Fobus are comfortable and functional. I like them more than I thought I would. My favorite is what I carried my off duty gun in....a Bianchi Black Widow.

BIA_5_Widow_Revolver_Holster_Tan.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, if you plan on wearing it against your skin then leather is probably the best choice. I went through the same thing as everyone above. I ended up liking the cheapest Kydex form fit holster that I had bought, but I wanted extreme concealability because even slight printing would have been an issue. I do recommend though that you get an inexpensive kydex that has tension adjustment first. You always realize that how you planned on carrying is different than how you end up unless you have done it before.

Originally Posted by samven
Yea, if you plan on wearing it against your skin then leather is probably the best choice. I went through the same thing as everyone above. I ended up liking the cheapest Kydex form fit holster that I had bought, but I wanted extreme concealability because even slight printing would have been an issue. I do recommend though that you get an inexpensive kydex that has tension adjustment first. You always realize that how you planned on carrying is different than how you end up unless you have done it before.

I agree with this, but I'll say if you don't use a leather holster you can use a kydex as long as you wear an undershirt. But yes, if it's going to be touching your skin directly, you want leather.

For the Sig P365, I bought the Raw Dog hybrid holster. Kydex outer shell with a 1/4" thick leather back. It has adjustable retention and cant. I edc as a mechanic and find it quite comfortable
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Toros
Fobus are comfortable and functional. I like them more than I thought I would. My favorite is what I carried my off duty gun in....a Bianchi Black Widow.

These are really nice. No PITA belt loops needed. Getting their OWB for my Glock 42..... thanks.
Wish they made one for my Kahr CT45

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Toros

These are really nice. No PITA belt loops needed. Getting their OWB for my Glock 42..... thanks.
Wish they made one for my Kahr CT45

Agreed. I have 3-4 for both pistols and revolvers. They are easy to slip on and off with the gun holstered. Very reasonably priced too.

Now I don't worry about printing much but then again I don't tend to print much either being >6ft and almost 280lbs. I love my Overwatch Treadstone for my Shield. Looks like they may have gone kaput, though. Can't seem to find the website anymore. I have one for my G23 which is equally well made, I just don't like IWB for that model.

For cheap and reliable look at the Versacarry leather slide holsters. Difficult to reholster one handed but otherwise pretty top notch for low-profile OWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back