Donate button

Just a FYI, you may want to adjust where the donate button is.
I spent about 10 minutes looking for how to donate here, and it was not till I did a google search and found THIS THREAD that I figured it out.

It is only visible of you have the left column turned on, which I do not.
Not sure how many other members have it turned off as well, so maybe missing out on some donations if that is the case.

Maybe have a sticky in this sub-forum or have the donate button at the bottom of the forums section?

Originally Posted by blupupher
Just a FYI, you may want to adjust where the donate button is.
I spent about 10 minutes looking for how to donate here, and it was not till I did a google search and found THIS THREAD that I figured it out.

It is only visible of you have the left column turned on, which I do not.
Not sure how many other members have it turned off as well, so maybe missing out on some donations if that is the case.

Unless one stays Logged-in - uses regular Windows and not Private Windows - nor ever cleans-out their Cache / Temporary Files, the left column does not appear when clicked-Off.

But how many of us do that? Most use Private Windows - have to sign-in every day and the left column always comes back and stays On.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
But how many of us do that? Most use Private Windows - have to sign-in every day and the left column always comes back and stays On.
My guess is the OP is on a mobile device. When you access this forum from a mobile device, the left column is always hidden, whether you're logged in or not. You have to manually scroll down to the bottom and hit "show/hide columns on this page" every time you come to visit.

And as far as desktop/PC access, if you have your preferences set to hide the left column, it'll stay off."

I have the left column turned off at all times, even on a computer.

When I donated the other week, I had to turn it back on. But I knew where it was.

But I agree, it should also have another link IMO, maybe in the top bar, by the Search button or other.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
My guess is the OP is on a mobile device. When you access this forum from a mobile device, the left column is always hidden, whether you're logged in or not. You have to manually scroll down to the bottom and hit "show/hide columns on this page" every time you come to visit.

And as far as desktop/PC access, if you have your preferences set to hide the left column, it'll stay off.

That. I always have the left column collapsed.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I have the left column turned off at all times, even on a computer.

When I donated the other week, I had to turn it back on. But I knew where it was.

But I agree, it should also have another link IMO, maybe in the top bar, by the Search button or other.

And this. I had no idea there WAS a donate button for quite a while.

How do you get the donor badge? Is it automatic when you donate?

Back