Considerate customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a clutch on this Toyota Dyna 4x4, and the customer removed the deck for us. That saved me a lot of extra work, and him extra money.

[Linked Image]

Did you make him sign a waiver first, that excuses your place from liability - should an injury to this non-employee occur?

2-3 years ago, I offered to school bus special needs kids as a volunteer for free. I was-then told by the transportation director that I couldn't even enter the bus, unless I became an employee - was paid $17 per hour to do it and was given health insurance coverage.

Hey Joe - she said! Become an employee to participate in our program. We must pay you to help these handicapped kids.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Did you make him sign a waiver first, that excuses your place from liability - should an injury to this non-employee occur?

It sounds like the truck was delivered to the OP as shown in the pic. How would your situation apply?

Silk, your customer's desire to save money saved you extra heavy work. Win - win.

2-3 years ago, I offered to school bus special needs kids as a volunteer for free. I was-then told by the transportation director that I couldn't even enter the bus, unless I became an employee - was paid $17 per hour to do it and was given health insurance coverage.

Hey Joe - she said! Become an employee to participate in our program. We must pay you to help these handicapped kids.

Apples to oranges.

OP in New Zealand. Probably no nonsense liability issues as here in the states where a customer who injures himself working on his truck on your property could sue you.

Originally Posted by atikovi

OP in New Zealand. Probably no nonsense liability issues as here in the states where a customer who injures himself working on his truck on your property could sue you.

Nope, totally different situation. The OP states the truck was delivered like this, there is no way for him to sue the shop if he did this and it was not requested by the shop.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Nope, totally different situation. The OP states the truck was delivered like this, there is no way for him to sue the shop if he did this and it was not requested by the shop.

Nope, OP said, "and the customer removed the deck for us." Nowhere does he say the truck was delivered like this, and although I understand what you mean, until the OP clarifies, we don't know. I had my car in the body body shop once to paint the side and quarter panel and they said it would come out better if the rear window was out. I went to the shop with my tools and took it out right there.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Nope, OP said, "and the customer removed the deck for us." Nowhere does he say the truck was delivered like this, and although I understand what you mean, until the OP clarifies, we don't know. I had my car in the body body shop once to paint the side and quarter panel and they said it would come out better if the rear window was out. I went to the shop with my tools and took it out right there.

Understood, however I don't know ANY shops in my area that will let you do anything to your car besides maybe grab your wallet out of it while it is inside the shop for liability reasons. Your shop was opening themselves up to a huge risk. Common sense tells me I highly doubt the OP would let the customer do something as labor intensive as removing the bed inside their shop.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
We must be on Bob Is The Attorney Guy. All this ambulance chaser mentality is funny.

As for the customer, that's some great thinking to save money and have the shop perform work faster.

lol.gif
We're gonna make it into a legal issue weather it was even remotely asked or not!

We must be on Bob Is The Attorney Guy. All this ambulance chaser mentality is funny.

As for the customer, that's some great thinking to save money and have the shop perform work faster.

I do think you mean Robert is YOUR Attorney Guy
no "self respecting" ambulance chaser is gonna go by Bob... sheesh...

Originally Posted by earlyre

I do think you mean Robert is YOUR Attorney Guy
no "self respecting" ambulance chaser is gonna go by Bob... sheesh...

Yeah, that reminds me of a story from a guy who worked at a law firm and called one of the lawyers Mike. He said to call him Michael. Mike works at the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back