post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2003 hummer h2 4l60e with 240,000km

out with the dexron vi with 105,000 km on (dealer exchanged all 12 quarts)

in with: 12 quarts delco dexron vi (cooler line)

dont fix what aint broken, same brand as last time

2014 Chevy Caprice. 6.0/6L80E
Fluid transfer trough cooler lines, drop pan, filter and fill.

I used about 18 quarts.

and the week before that

2015 Malibu 2.0 turbo/6T70E
Drain and fill, no serviceable filter or pan.

6.5 quarts whole system is 9.

I'll probably be crucified for this but I did a complete fluid exchange using the cooler lines on a 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2L and 8L90 transmission. Factory fluid was still in the car at 95k. Exchanged it with Schaeffer's All Trans 204SAT. Shifts better than it ever did before and the harsh 1/2 shift is completely gone.

Also drained and refilled diffs with Schaeffer 75w-90 syn. Did transfer case with the Schaeffer All Trans.

Have a 2011 Tahoe with 5.3 with 173k, recently did a spill and fill with Amsoil fuel efficient multi vehicle trans fluid. Don't know what was in it previously but it didn't look good. Trans shifted great before and after.

2018 Z71 4WD At 19k
1 of 3 jugs (from sale) of AC Delco Dex VI arrived damaged … so elected to use that gallon.
Looks like it's P66 and jug seems thin. (my last AC Delco was made by Mobil)
Gallon is all that drains from my Fumoto valve … so 10 minutes and done.

2011 Rav4 2.5 119k on the odometer

Front end on ramps to maximize drain and fill. 60k was done with WS. 89k was Maxlife

Out: 3 qts Maxlife ATF + WS mixture
In: 3qts Maxlife ATF

2008 Hyundai Accent manual 5 sp, 173700 miles. Out Redline MT 85. In Redline MTL with 150 ml of Ceratec. 38k on the oil but I had to change an axle.

Did a drain and fill on my 2013 Passat 2.5. I have the 09G and thought I might have a sticking solenoid. I had been using Idemitsu TLS LV and Toyota WS because they are known alternatives to G 055 540 A2. I thought they worked OK. Then I drain and filled once with Ravenol T-WS and it is even smoother. Seeing all the good things people said about the Ravenol fluid I expected good things and I am not disappointed. I will do another drain and fill eventually with the remainder of the fluid. I bought the 4 liter jug because it is cheaper that way and I don't see any point in paying more for a liter of it just because I bought a smaller bottle. I may have found the right fluid other than Pentosin ATF1 LV.

Second half of a double d/f on the Sonata. I didn't read my maintenance log properly, so it went 50k between changes. Figured I'd do two d/f's in two weeks to make up for that. I've always used MaxLife, and it's been good.

14 FXT 77,900 miles
-----Rear Diff:
[Linked Image]

-----Front Diff (right; the left plug is the overflow/check plug, which was coverd in gunk, but is not magnetic):
[Linked Image]

15 Legacy FB25, 54,692 miles
-----Rear Diff:
[Linked Image]

-----Front Diff:
[Linked Image]

Replaced factory fill of gear oil with Motul Gear 300, front and rear. I had 4.6L left-over when I started and was left with 200mL after both vehicles. Worked out perfectly!!!

The FXT was MUCH easier due to the 8.7" of clearance. The Legacy, both front and rear, required a lot more jacking up and down to get the job done, not to mention the Legacy's plastic under-tray and its dozen+ plastic clips and screws!

Back