Motor Trend rips 2020 Ford Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't need "body on frame" the Korean Telluride and Palisades are much better values-and they are put together better as well.

Ford will be merged or bought out within 5 to 10 years.

Originally Posted by CKN
If you don't need "body on frame" the Korean Telluride and Palisades are much better values-and they are put together better as well.

Ford will be merged or bought out within 5 or so years.

Ford boys will love what I have to say. VW and Ford formed an alliance. VW needs to lend a hand to Ford on their interiors, maybe more.
VW will own Ford Motor Company by 2025.

[Linked Image]

Just was messing with the ownership trail of Motor Trend …
all the way to companies that profit from distressed assets ?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Ford boys will love what I have to say. VW and Ford formed an alliance. VW needs to lend a hand to Ford on their interiors, maybe more.
VW will own Ford Motor Company by 2025.

When Bill Ford put cheap furniture salesman Hackett in charge of Ford Motor Company I knew the end was near as an independent company.

Last edited:
The sensor response and animations in my wife's 2017 last-gen X-3 are lightning fast. Ford of course had to cheap out on the processing power and programming of the Explorer (which never want away). Reminds me of the Amazon Fire TV stick... it can process an HDTV stream in real time, but it takes seconds to respond to most button clicks, unless it takes longer.

I'm not a fan of all-black vehicles either, but I guess some Mennonites will like it, no painting chrome bumpers to get it up to code. But after owning a total lemon black Taurus followed by a Honda Pilot, I would take an old beat-up Honda every day over a new Ford, and twice on Sunday.

Those actual performance numbers versus rated HP and torque make me wonder if Ford is fudging the numbers.

Ford owned by VW... that's a fate I'd hate to wish on any company... but after all the problems my last Ford Taurus gave me, I could live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen the interior of the 2020 new Ford Bronco?

Talk about disappointment! I was expecting an interior comparable to the Jeep Wrangler.
frown.gif

Ford needs to revamp the interior dept. The MKX/Nautica just feels bland.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Has anyone seen the interior of the 2020 new Ford Bronco?

Talk about disappointment! I was expecting an interior comparable to the Jeep Wrangler.
frown.gif

Ford needs to revamp the interior dept. The MKX/Nautica just feels bland.

It hasn't been released yet so no one outside Ford has.

Originally Posted by CKN
Maybe, only time will tell if their motors are full of sand.

Is the Exploder even BOF anymore? I think the Expedition is?

Ford is a disaster. I will get rid of my f150 once out of warranty, and won't be looking at Ford. Recently traded an Edge for a Highlander.

The writing was on the wall when they decided that a CAR company did not need to make CARs. They will be the truck division of VW in a few years. Their old 350 and 450 cutaway's were the standard for RV's, box trucks and the like but who looks at fit and finish in those and now with the Transit trying to pretend its a big truck who knows how long the old ones will be around. This is all so disappointing, it seems that my dream that american car companies would up their game and catch the asian imports is at an end and at one time they were getting close but seem to have thrown in the towel. I have only owned the big 3 in my time and was brought up in a Ford family but my next car will be a Toyota or Honda.

I just do not get it! What is wrong with these people? Didn't they learn anything by now or their self interest is so short term that they will burry company for few bonuses?
Yes, VW will own them soon if this continues.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Is the Exploder even BOF anymore? I think the Expedition is?

Not since 2011.

With the exception of the Mustang, I lost all interest since.

Originally Posted by edyvw
I just do not get it! What is wrong with these people? Didn't they learn anything by now or their self interest is so short term that they will burry company for few bonuses?
Yes, VW will own them soon if this continues.

All these brass tacks care about is a quick profit for themselves and the shareholder, after their destructive stint in a few years or so they leave with their huge golden parachute and bonuses and could care less about the havoc they have brought on the company.

Come on fellas, it's not that bad.
I'm sure many fleet companies (rentals, government agencies etc.), and law enforcement have all been enjoying the slightly lower purchase price.

Aside from that, I cannot see any benefit to purchasing another Ford product for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back