New style Goodyear Duratrac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious on how the winter snow/ice performance will be. I found with the original Duratracs that they were only good in the first 1-2 winters, then after that they weren't much better than any standard A/T tire. Not sure if it's just due to the rubber hardening over time but it's not surprising since they don't really have that many aggressive sipes on them.

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
I'm wondering if it lost the 3 peak mountain snowflake due to being made of a harder durometer rubber compound similar to several of the BFG AT sizes that don't carry it as well.

To obtain that 3 peak mountain snowflake rating the rubber compound must me a little more softer & flexible in lower temperatures.

I'm not disagreeing but I find my Falken AT3W tires to be interesting. They are 3PMS rated, as well as being an LT range E tire. The wet traction is actually pretty terrible! But somehow I find the winter traction to be quite good. You figure that out! They seem to be wearing like iron so I'm not sure its an overly soft compound.

I regularly hear mixed reviews on the Falcons. I have talked to guys who run them on 3/4 ton trucks and have burned through a set in 15,000 miles. Other people say they're excellent. Your situation does present a mystery. It seems a tire that is good in the winter would have good wet traction. What type of vehicle are you running them on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back