How cheap is your gasoline lately?

Regular is in the 2.25-2.35 range. Of course a few stations are still over 3$ somehow. Diesel is 2.59 no name 2.69- 2.75 brand name.

$1.99/gal for 87 regular (10% ethanol)

(Hopefully a snitch wont report "a pricing error" to Walmart HQ in Bentonville).

Last edited:
While running errands yesterday I paid $3.89 for Chevron regular. According to the local news, San Luis Obispo County has the most expensive gasoline in the nation. But living here is worth it to me. Picture taken near our home.

Scott

IMG_1183 copy.jpg

$1.95 per gallon , 87octane , at the local Walmart Grocery Store Gas Station

Last edited:
Originally Posted by double vanos
Here in the Tucson area gas runs around $2.29 - $2.39 for regular. Bought some 91 oct for $2.89 last fill up. Looks like gas will going up though as the communist faction here wants to raise it significantly:

From the press:
House Bill 2536 would increase the state tax on a gallon of gasoline to 28 cents from 18 cents in the first year, then to 38 cents and 43 cents per gallon in the second and third years of its implementation.

The whole article: https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...oel-campbell-house-bill-2536/2706595002/

Thinking of moving here? Better check out the annual licensing fees and the gas taxes before coming.

The gov't has to get its money somehow. A lot of middle class tax increases are because a certain privileged few are skating out of paying their share.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by double vanos
Yes. Here's the link to give you an idea : https://azdot.gov/sites/default/files/2019/08/AZ-registration-fees.pdf

Still cheaper than here. My 33 yr old truck is $337 for 1 year. My jeep is $207 and the fj is $260.

You guys in AZ are similar to what we pay in VA. CA is higher.

Wisconsin my truck title+registration = $85

My car title plus registration is $555 in this county
But subsequent years are only $185 for the car

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

What county do you live in? Milwaukee?

Wisconsin used to have low(ish) registration and title fees but recently raised them significantly, more than doubling them in many cases. I have a coworker who bought a Volt from another coworker and his initial title and registration fees were in line with what you note. He lives in Milwaukee county.

A Kroger about 2.5 miles from our house is down to 1.859, so 1.829 with Kroger card discount.
Saw this on gasbuddy and it certainly seemed worth the drive since RUG is about .19 more at the next cheapest area stations.
Only ~17 gallons for around 600 miles between the HAH and the Forester.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Rmay635703

What county do you live in? Milwaukee?

Wisconsin used to have low(ish) registration and title fees but recently raised them significantly, more than doubling them in many cases. I have a coworker who bought a Volt from another coworker and his initial title and registration fees were in line with what you note. He lives in Milwaukee county.

A parting gift from Scott Walker, the high rates aren't just Milwaukee, there are 12 counties with very high rates.

It's not just Volts either, any car deamed a hybrid by A private company IHS Markit pays a high registration and 2.5 times that cost for title. My 20 year old non-plug in car is affected and will have Collector plates by fall (fool me once)

The law violates the equal protection laws but no one wants to take a class action on it "yet", though I am hoping it gets overturned.
(I pay enough tax into the general fund already, seems like the $48/month of utility taxes I pay would be enough already)

Last edited:
Prices are breaking the $2.20 mark here. When it gets around $2.16 avg we'll get the $.30+ instant boost. You can just about set your clock to it.

Originally Posted by hatt
Prices are breaking the $2.20 mark here. When it gets around $2.16 avg we'll get the $.30+ instant boost. You can just about set your clock to it.

$2.18. Should be $2.16 in a day or two. Then $2.37.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
$1.89 average in DFW Texas areas for 87

Same in these woods …

Back