What is your favorite Girl Scout cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is that time again! And inflation has struck again.... $ 5 a box for their cookies.

But besides the price, what are your two favorite cookies they have?

Mine: Thin Mints and Samoas.

Downing a whole sleeve of TM's is easy with a glass of milk!

Samoas are my all time favorite. My daughter is a girl scout and I think I bought 2 cases of them this year. Should last a solid week.

Originally Posted by Mangos86
Samoas are my all time favorite. My daughter is a girl scout and I think I bought 2 cases of them this year. Should last a solid week.

Lol, you the man.

A buddy of mine bought cases of the peanut butter ones from his daughter.

I've been living under a rock... never had girl scout cookies before. I recently placed an order for one box, but I don't recall what flavor. It may have been caramel/samoas. Alas, that was about 2 months ago. Not sure if I'll ever get them.

got to be the lemon ones ,whatever they call them....wife brought 5 boxes home yesterday . only 3 boxes left yeah I really like them a lot ...lol

Originally Posted by ZZman
Yes it is that time again! And inflation has struck again.... $ 5 a box for their cookies.

But besides the price, what are your two favorite cookies they have?

Mine: Thin Mints and Samoas.

Downing a whole sleeve of TM's is easy with a glass of milk!

I am on a low carb/no added sugar diet for the time being. None for me.

Bought a box of Thin Mints for wife, she ate one and tossed them as she said the cookie did not taste right.

Originally Posted by Donald
she ate one and tossed them as she said the cookie did not taste right.

If she's also on the same diet, makes sense.
As once you eliminate the enzymes in your body that consume those processed fats and sugars, your taste preferences change.

...if gone long enough, once you consume them again you may develop adverse skin reaction to them (itchiness, rash etc.)

Thin mints! I like them out of the freezer for a cool crisp snack.
2nd place would be the shortbread. Even though they are "basic", they are awesome with a cup of coffee.

Aldi has their version of them for a very cheap price and I think they taste better but I will still buy them from the Girl Scouts when they ask.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I've been living under a rock... never had girl scout cookies before. I recently placed an order for one box, but I don't recall what flavor. It may have been caramel/samoas. Alas, that was about 2 months ago. Not sure if I'll ever get them.

Don't forget to ask if they're made from real girl scouts. Although these days if you use that kind of joke you might get in trouble.

I will still give the kids a few $ if I can spare it and they are selling outside a supermarket or dept store but tell them to keep the cookies. A few years ago they changed the recipe to eliminate trans fats, I can't stand them now. Before that I liked Tagalongs and Samoas. I'm a pretty decent baker, so if I'm gonna spend $35-40 in cookies, it will be for ingredients to make them myself. For that I can buy enough single origin chocolate, pecans and macadamia;s, AA Butter, Tobido Sugar, hand ground flour, Heritage stock eggs and bourbon barrel vanilla to make 200+ cookies of vastly superior quality. Oh If you like Samoas texture, but aren't crazy about the coconut, give a Chocolate Florentine a try, it will be life changing.

Originally Posted by jhellwig
Aldi has their version of them for a very cheap price and I think they taste better but I will still buy them from the Girl Scouts when they ask.

Sitting outside Aldi right now. You're right. It's a better Samoa for a third the cost. Maybe Girl Scouts need a new game plan

Decades ago I Liked the Peanut butter oatmeal "Gaucho" I think they were called.

Now I realized these kids should be doing something other than selling garbage cookies to

the walking dead outside of a grocery or wally entrance.

Rake my yard, I'll give you 30 bucks.

Pick up the trash, bottles and cans 1/ 2 mile up and down the road the Cretans toss out the window, Ill give you 20 bucks.

The selling garbage junk food for cash thing doesn't cut it anymore - if it ever did.

If another GS mom yells out at me, "Thank you , Sir" in a scolding tone for walking by and ignoring them, I'm going to go back to the table and give them an earfull. Hopefully it will be a well considered education. Of course, no curse words in front of the children.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
If another GS mom yells out at me, "Thank you , Sir" in a scolding tone for walking by and ignoring them, I'm going to go back to the table and give them an earfull. Hopefully it will be a well considered education. Of course, no curse words in front of the children.

I just tell them my kids cannot consume them because of extreme food allergy (also true).

Originally Posted by GZRider
I will still give the kids a few $ if I can spare it and they are selling outside a supermarket or dept store but tell them to keep the cookies. A few years ago they changed the recipe to eliminate trans fats, I can't stand them now. Before that I liked Tagalongs and Samoas. I'm a pretty decent baker, so if I'm gonna spend $35-40 in cookies, it will be for ingredients to make them myself. For that I can buy enough single origin chocolate, pecans and macadamia;s, AA Butter, Tobido Sugar, hand ground flour, Heritage stock eggs and bourbon barrel vanilla to make 200+ cookies of vastly superior quality. Oh If you like Samoas texture, but aren't crazy about the coconut, give a Chocolate Florentine a try, it will be life changing.

^^^1,000+^^^

Cooking at home these days is a very lost art.

(I picked up some very good recipes and recommendations here on BITOG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back