Mobil box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends entirely on recycling practice … I have a 30 gallon can for plastics … toss, toss, haul off.
Now we are to remove a bladder from the box … wonder how many are ?

Originally Posted by BLND1
So is this bag-in-box or 12 bottles? 12 bottles seems like an interminable waste of plastic.

Chevron hit the sweet spot with the 6 quart box.

If you zoom in on the picture it appears to be a bag (bladder) in a box.

Last edited:
My Windows10 Zoom Firefox stops at 170%. I'm not sure what's inside. But I find it difficult to believe member Tig1 was drinking strong kool-aid when looking at them

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
My Windows10 Zoom Firefox stops at 170%. I'm not sure what's inside. But I find it difficult to believe member Tig1 was drinking strong kool-aid when looking at them

Can you see that?.. that appears to show btls equaling 1 box.. I'm going with a bag in box.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Can you see that?.. that appears to show btls equaling 1 box.. I'm going with a bag in box.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Enhance....enhance..... enhance.....

lol.gif

Not sure the 12 quart size is going to be a hit. At least not at the same price per quart as the 5 quart bottles.

Chevron gets you 6 for the price of 5 in a much more convenient packaging.

Either way - I'm a big fan of the reduced plastic here. Cardboard seems to be easier to recycle.

Last edited:
Neat idea. I would like to see it set up like a box of cheap wine. Prop it on the work bench and have a little spout to dispense it into a measured container.

I have a feeling they're just testing the waters with this. Wouldn't be surprised if these change in size to something smaller or even go away completely. If so, come on clearance!

Just more marketing battles. Company A boxes oil...then company B....then company C...

Consumers buy in bulk is because it's cheaper than buying in smaller quantities. Selling in bulk results in higher netsales and actual profit for the manufactures. A win for both consumer and manufactures.

Originally Posted by BrianF
Neat idea. I would like to see it set up like a box of cheap wine. Prop it on the work bench and have a little spout to dispense it into a measured container.

From what I've seen is the 12 quartboxes have a spigot and the 6 quart boxes have a cap spout

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'm going to stick to 5 quart jugs and quart bottles as long as possible.
27.gif

No need to hide under that chair. I agree with you.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
27.gif

No need to hide under that chair. I agree with you.

You may have to hide with me, time will tell. LOL I recall catching some static about that comment when the boxes made their debut.

27.gif

I'm kinda with ya on this demarpaint... I have been buying Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 full synthetic in 6 1 qt bottle size cases from Napa... Plus I got the Cam2 SuperproMax 5 one qt bottles from the country store in Charles City county..

I do think the Havoline boxes are pretty ok... Just hard to be exact at times with how much is left in the bag...

I have a Havoline Pro DS box and a Havoline high mileage box now too... Though the car has been running the Cam2 quite a lot for awhile now...

I'm at 299,360 miles... Almost to the 300k mile mark.

Originally Posted by bbhero
27.gif

I'm kinda with ya on this demarpaint... I have been buying Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 full synthetic in 6 1 qt bottle size cases from Napa... Plus I got the Cam2 SuperproMax 5 one qt bottles from the country store in Charles City county..

I do think the Havoline boxes are pretty ok... Just hard to be exact at times with how much is left in the bag...

I have a Havoline Pro DS box and a Havoline high mileage box now too... Though the car has been running the Cam2 quite a lot for awhile now...

I have a nice stash of 5 quart jugs and 1 quart bottles. It will be a long time before I even think about buying boxed oil. In fact if I can grab more Mobil 1 ESP on sale again I'll have even more 1 quart bottles.
wink.gif

I'll be looking forward to reading about you crossing the 300K mile mark! It should be soon.

Originally Posted by bbhero
27.gif

Crossing 300K in a Nissan might be the first-ever accomplishment, by a BITOG member.
If someone here has a Warren cap, it's time to place a feather in it and yell-out.... We don't need any stinkin' Mobil-1

11.gif

Last edited:
27.gif

Seems people in my area agree with you. Was at Wally yesterday so thought I'd take a stroll down oil alley. First thing I noticed was they no longer carry the Havoline boxes, instead they used that space to add more Supertech 5qt jugs. Kept looking and finally seen a display with Supertech boxes, no Mobil boxes found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back