Pirelli ice zero fr bsw winter tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hello,

I believe I am going to splurge this upcoming winter, for a set of snow tires. I've never run them before, so have little knowledge. Up until early this morning, I thought I'd buy the Cooper Discoverer True North tires.

I just ran into these, while doing some reading. Does anyone have any input on the Pirelli tires, or possibly a comparison between the 2 (although the Cooper tires are new).

Appreciate the help, enjoy your weekend.

Originally Posted by mjk
Hello,

I believe I am going to splurge this upcoming winter, for a set of snow tires. I've never run them before, so have little knowledge. Up until early this morning, I thought I'd buy the Cooper Discoverer True North tires.

I just ran into these, while doing some reading. Does anyone have any input on the Pirelli tires, or possibly a comparison between the 2 (although the Cooper tires are new).

Appreciate the help, enjoy your weekend.

Pirelli always had good winter tires. But, you might have better choices locally.
Michelin next this Fall will probably offer X-Ice Snow, new tire. Bridgestone has Blizzak WS90, and probably best right now snow and ice wise is Continental Vicingcontact 7. I currently have on all three vehicles snow tires (Michelin Latitude Xi2, Nokian Hakka R2 and Vikingcontact7) and Continental's are by far best ice and snow wise, while Michelin is good in all conditions, and feels like all season tire in dry (and will last longest).
However, if you really, really want Pirelli, you will not make mistake as Pirelli's snow tires were always top tier.
Cooper is step down from all these tires I mentioned, or two steps down.

What vehicle? What location? What tire and wheel size? What are your expected driving conditions, do you stay home during storms, are you retired and don't commute?

Which "the Pirelli" Winter tires were you considering? They make more than one model.

Originally Posted by HangFire
What vehicle? What location? What tire and wheel size? What are your expected driving conditions, do you stay home during storms, are you retired and don't commute?

Which "the Pirelli" Winter tires were you considering? They make more than one model.

07 Accord, 205 60 16. I live in Minneapolis, so definitely not seeing the conditions that outstate drivers see. Model of tire is right in the subject line. 400 miles per week of mixed city and highway driving.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mjk
Originally Posted by HangFire

07 Accord, 205 60 16. I live in Minneapolis, so definitely not seeing the conditions that outstate drivers see. Model of tire is right in the subject line. 400 miles per week of mixed city and highway driving.

Go with Continental Vikingcontact7 for MN conditions. They will be also cheapest of top tier tires in local Discount Tires.
Also, take into consideration that ANY winter tire will greatly outperform best all season tire in snow, ice, slush etc.

Not sure about slush as it seems to be tricky environment.
Vikingcontact 7 works well for me in MA.

KrzyÅ›

Originally Posted by krzyss
Not sure about slush as it seems to be tricky environment.
Vikingcontact 7 works well for me in MA.

KrzyÅ›

On my BMW they cut slush like a razor. Regular slush or that salt created slush, does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back