New 2-post lift on order

With all the Cab-Off Ford jobs I've been getting......A second lift has become a necessity! I'd like another 10,000# Rotary, But used ones are rare right now & $4,500 + tax is too much for what I need it for.....Cabs & cars/small trucks/SUV's.

Decided a Derek Weaver W10-HD 10,000# 2-post would be perfect after visiting their showroom. Except for the "Double S" Columns & Flip-Up Adaptors.....This is basically a carbon copy of a Rotary! Link HERE

Yes, It's made in China & is not ALI certified. But I think it will work well for my intended purpose!

It has 3 stage front arms & the carriages are designed correctly! Most cheap Chinese lifts have a 4x4 square piece of stock laid horizontally & the arms attach to that. This pushes the arm attachment points way out from the carriage, And this will either bend the square stock or the carriage itself. Every lift I've ever seen with this design suffered from "Arm Sag" within a year.....Though they were pushed to the rated weight limits quite often!

Ammco lifts did use a similar set-up, But the square stock was a solid chunk of steel, Not a hollow POS!! That must be where the design originated? Ammco was bought & gutted for their brake lathe designs unfortunately.

Here's a pic of the W10-HD carriage design, And a pic of the normal Chicom design.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That actually looks close to the Bend-Pak design and those are made in China but ALI certified. The Chinese lift on the bottom looks scary.

Originally Posted by nthach
That actually looks close to the Bend-Pak design and those are made in China but ALI certified. The Chinese lift on the bottom looks scary.

I've worked with several Bend-Pak lifts. Don't anything bad to say about them other than the price is a little high for offshore production. But they are just as stable as a comparable Rotary!

3rd party testing of redundant safety features and design limits for weight are a small price to pay for peace of mind imo. Stay safe.

Very Impressive!
I love how the price of lifts keeps getting more affordable for the common guy. I may install one in my own shop someday.

Chris, are you just a bit west of I-35W, north of downtown Fort Worth?

Wow, you're lucky...my guy wouldn't install any lift near a seam in the floor. Had to have new concrete pads installed.

I asked...why can't you, I have 13 lifts installed near seams and they've been fine for 20 years? He said it's new/newer code. They have to be...I forget...13 inches away from a seam? Pain in the butt.

Darn you....no room for lift but now seriously considering one of their Motorcycle tire changers and/or balancers

Originally Posted by Railrust
Wow, you're lucky...my guy wouldn't install any lift near a seam in the floor. Had to have new concrete pads installed.

I asked...why can't you, I have 13 lifts installed near seams and they've been fine for 20 years? He said it's new/newer code. They have to be...I forget...13 inches away from a seam? Pain in the butt.

That's a picture of the display at Derek Weaver's showroom. The lifts is ordered & has to be built. My shop floor/slab doesn't have seams...Or cracks.

Well congrats..... business must be doing good. I love it when a hard worker succeeds in a risk taken. That's awesome!
I need one bad!

Congrats. I thought for sure you'd go with a Mohawk, based on some comments I thought I'd read from you. I sure like my 10k 2-post Mohawk, I figure it will last me the rest of my life in home hobbyist use.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Congrats. I thought for sure you'd go with a Mohawk, based on some comments I thought I'd read from you. I sure like my 10k 2-post Mohawk, I figure it will last me the rest of my life in home hobbyist use.

I priced out a 30,000# Mohawk for some F550/Ram 5500 bucket trucks I work on, They wanted a dollar per pound of capacity! I simply can't justify that or even what they want for a 10,000# lift. Every used Mohawk seems to be on the east coast.

Looks like a R/R miscalculation.

Anyway, at a local DIY bays-for-rent garage I work on my cars every once in a while this is the least favorite type, but I am not a pro and what do I know.

Congratulations on your business success, but you need to take into account what is your life worth, what those jobs that do not pay are worth, etc.
If any given market doesn't pay for your tools, don't enter the market
R/R=Risk/Reward

Originally Posted by clinebarger

I priced out a 30,000# Mohawk for some F550/Ram 5500 bucket trucks I work on, They wanted a dollar per pound of capacity! I simply can't justify that or even what they want for a 10,000# lift. Every used Mohawk seems to be on the east coast.

The 20,000 lb lift I use was around 38,000$. It is a beast, though. It will lift a 18,000 lb truck with ease. I haven't tried a max rated weight vehicle yet.

Good luck with your new lift!

Last edited:
My 10k Mohawk lifts my RAM dually 4wd crew cab, which with the B&W 5th wheel hitch and full auxiliary tank weighs nearly 10k lbs. The lift doesn't struggle at all. Makes fluid changes easy. I think Mohawk has a large safety margin in their ratings.

Yes, good luck with the new lift.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Looks like a R/R miscalculation.

Anyway, at a local DIY bays-for-rent garage I work on my cars every once in a while this is the least favorite type, but I am not a pro and what do I know.

Congratulations on your business success, but you need to take into account what is your life worth, what those jobs that do not pay are worth, etc.
If any given market doesn't pay for your tools, don't enter the market
R/R=Risk/Reward

What's the least favorite type? Derek Weaver or 2-post lifts?? I have a 10,000# Rotary for everyday/heavy use....I will use the DW lift for truck cabs that basically weigh nothing.

The whole life threatening thing is little over the top, I've seen lifts fail, It's never a "all the sudden" thing where the vehicle falls straight down.

Last edited:
My 10k Mohawk lifts my RAM dually 4wd crew cab, which with the B&W 5th wheel hitch and full auxiliary tank weighs nearly 10k lbs. The lift doesn't struggle at all. Makes fluid changes easy. I think Mohawk has a large safety margin in their ratings.

Yes, good luck with the new lift.

They are hands down the best lifts on the market, I'm certainly not arguing that point!

Back