How do I bend this fence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is metal. It looks like the first pic. I need to bend it so that its a parrallegram to match my slope.

Screenshot_20200228-174711.png

Screenshot_20200228-174534.png

At what angle? At some point, the welds are going to break...

The easiest way would be to put it between two beams, then ratchet strap to opposite corners of the fence. Then, pull.

Lots of pictures of staggered fence on the internet … looks fine that way

You could possibly cut all of the internal sections out and leave the four sides, then bend it how you want it, then find the angles and weld them all back in.

It might be faster to cut them all out, calculate your angles and then weld them all back in.

Either way you are basically building the fence from scratch.

Last edited:
I don't think you are going to bend it far enough without breaking it.

You only have this one section that needs to be like this? You can probably have one made for a decent price.

The bars are going to be thin sheet metal and won't take a re-weld.

Though you could cut three sides of the squares... then it'll fold better.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Stepped fences can look really stupid sometimes, anymore than a few panels.

Chris,
then you need to define the gte as a fixed point/featuer, and work out what you need to do either side...your eye will be drawwn to the gate, as that's the point of egress.

I can relate … we put a white PVC fence on the side of the pool and regret not doing black steel for a few dollars more.

People do it but they add a base of some kind.
You will tear up or stress (rust pockets) those steel panels - so maybe you need to custom cut some wood.

Originally Posted by 4WD
People do it but they add a base of some kind.
You will tear up or stress (rust pockets) those steel panels - so maybe you need to custom cut some wood.

It has to be steel per code.

How tight do you need the spacing ? … hill country ranchers do nice fence from tubing … but that's just for livestock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back