Free entertainment at the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled in to get some of our alcohol laden gas. Saw a girl pull up caddy corner to the pump I was using. She parked too close to the pump. She was able to get the nozzle out of the pump but there was not enough room between the car and pump for the nozzle.She was twisting the nozzle in every direction to try to get it to fit. All she had to do was to pull forward a foot or so.But did she? No! She backed up a foot or so. Then she had to crawl out the passengers door.

Now she could not get her body between the pump and her car. She tried to pull the hose around the back side of the pump but it was too short.

She then tossed the nozzle across the roof of the car and walked around the car. She then grabbed the nozzle off the roof of the car but it still won't fit between the car and the pump. She put the nozzle back onto the roof of the car and proceeded to walk around the rear of the car back to the front of the car. While she was doing this the nozzle fell off the car and fell between the car and pump.

She crawled around,pulled the nozzle out from under the car by the hose,hung it up. Walked around her car. Got in through the passenger door and drove off. Never did get any gas.

Wow! I cant say what I want to but I would have jumped on the ground laughing. Score - 1 for contraception.
Look on the bright side of it that at least she wasn't doing all that AND smoking at the same time. Real world events happening now.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I pulled in to get some of our alcohol laden gas. Saw a girl pull up caddy corner to the pump I was using. She parked too close to the pump. She was able to get the nozzle out of the pump but there was not enough room between the car and pump for the nozzle.She was twisting the nozzle in every direction to try to get it to fit. All she had to do was to pull forward a foot or so.But did she? No! She backed up a foot or so. Then she had to crawl out the passengers door.

Now she could not get her body between the pump and her car. She tried to pull the hose around the back side of the pump but it was too short.

She then tossed the nozzle across the roof of the car and walked around the car. She then grabbed the nozzle off the roof of the car but it still won't fit between the car and the pump. She put the nozzle back onto the roof of the car and proceeded to walk around the rear of the car back to the front of the car. While she was doing this the nozzle fell off the car and fell between the car and pump.

She crawled around,pulled the nozzle out from under the car by the hose,hung it up. Walked around her car. Got in through the passenger door and drove off. Never did get any gas.

Can not fix STUPID ! :-(

Lets turn up the fear by pondering how long she operated the vehicle in motion before she arrived at the station. Its hearing this story that the craziness of having to let a lot attendant fill the tank might have been an okay thing.

Few months ago I was at a gas station when I hear splashing and smell fuel. Across and down the island from me, someone had wedged their cap in the nozzle and went in to the station store to buy what I think was a bag of jerky and washer fluid. I'd guess ~2 gallons spilled before someone closer to the vehicle stopped it. Driver got back to his car at about this time, said "..uh thanks..", smirked and drove away.

I thought new nozzles wouldn't allow this, but apparently not.

They are out there...

For 20 yrs or so thats what you had to do to wash your windshield while you got gas. Before ,and presently the click stop has returned. No need to jam it with the cap any more.
grin2.gif

I watched a teenage girl trying to back in to a parking spot at walmart. It was hilarious yet terrifying. I was so glad I wasnt parked in the same row...about 10 tries later she was getting worse not better almost hit a few cars. finally went around and parked at a handicap spot. I'm thinking yep mentally handicapped.

"Tap Horn For Assistance"

She probably can't read either.

Originally Posted by Rand
... finally went around and parked at a handicap spot. I'm thinking yep mentally handicapped.

That is funny.

I've seen plenty of dumb things done over the years ,,kind of scary to think this is the next generation ? and like others said...these people actually are on the road ?

Couple weeks ago a guy pulls up all decked out in a suit with one of them long overcoats and begins filling his car. I'm just finishing up walking into pay and noticed he kept trying to get more in, click click click and I here #%&@#% and look over and he is soaked from his waist down with fuel.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Look on the bright side of it that at least she wasn't doing all that AND smoking at the same time.

I worked inside a grocery store gas station booth during the college years. You'd be amazed (or maybe not) at how many times I either had to open the window and rather forcefully tell someone to put out their cigarette, or use the emergency shutoff when they didn't. And then they would get mad at ME for doing that. Sometimes their eyes would get huge and they would quickly throw it into the grassy area and put their hands up like "Whoa sorry, that was dumb, what was I thinking", but some would act defiant and drop it and put it out with their shoe, then look back at me with their head shaking and roll their eyes, like I was the idiot.

I stopped at a Murphy's to fill up and as I was heading to pay, I noticed two police officers watching a woman with really long hair who was smoking while pumping her gas. I saw her and thought, is this lady stupid, crazy, or both, especially with the law standing RIGHT there..But anyway I minded my own business and went to the window. As I was paying, I heard someone screaming!! Like I'm talking violent death screams!! I looked outside and I saw that this woman's arm was on fire!! She was swinging her arm, running around going nuts!! Within seconds, the police had the woman on the ground and they were putting the fire out!! Then they put handcuffs on her and threw her in the police car. I was thinking, arrested?? Shouldn't she be in an ambulance, not a police car?? And being the nosey guy I am, I asked one of the cops what they were arresting her for. The cop looked at me, dead serious, and said, "WAVING A FIREARM"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back