Oil changed yesterday on F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the F150 to the dealer for an oil change yesterday evening. Apparently when you buy new Fords, you get a boat load of FordPass Reward Points. I'm not sure how many points I had/have, but I had $210 to redeem for service.

Got The Works which included a Motorcraft FL2062 cartridge filter (2.7 Ecoboost here) and 6qts of Motorcraft 5W-30 Syn Blend. Also did a rotation and a multipoint inspection. Cost $54 with NYS tax.

So that's cool, 4 free oil changes. Might as well being a lease. Basil Ford in Cheektowaga, pretty good Ford store. Always buy a lot of OE parts there, wipers, filters etc.

What trim level did you get?

Do these still have the aluminum box? Man, remember all that noise heralding them as the savior of truckkind?
Lately I haven't seen a single mention of the aluminum box

Originally Posted by Kira

Do these still have the aluminum box? Man, remember all that noise heralding them as the savior of truckkind?
Lately I haven't seen a single mention of the aluminum box

Yes they have an aluminum box. Body is pretty good on these, I know if they get hit they're costly to repair and or time consuming. But build quality seems pretty good.

Originally Posted by Kira

I have an XLT

Originally Posted by JoelB
Aren't most of the body panels aluminum? Not just the box right?

Yes the majority of the truck is. It is weird hearing heavy rains on the aluminum roof skin from the inside.

BiL put 3/4" horse mat in his aluminum bed … I have it in my Chevy that is steel, but Rhino makes it too slick.
(GM swing panels are aluminum, fixed panels are steel) …

Originally Posted by redhat

Yes the majority of the truck is. It is weird hearing heavy rains on the aluminum roof skin from the inside.

yes yes yes, OMG, Im in florida and when it rains my goodness is it loud!!!

Took the F150 to the dealer for an oil change yesterday evening. Apparently when you buy new Fords, you get a boat load of FordPass Reward Points. I'm not sure how many points I had/have, but I had $210 to redeem for service.

Got The Works which included a Motorcraft FL2062 cartridge filter (2.7 Ecoboost here) and 6qts of Motorcraft 5W-30 Syn Blend. Also did a rotation and a multipoint inspection. Cost $54 with NYS tax.

So that's cool, 4 free oil changes. Might as well being a lease. Basil Ford in Cheektowaga, pretty good Ford store. Always buy a lot of OE parts there, wipers, filters etc.

It's 42,000 points you get in Fordpass rewards or whatever they're called. That's what was put in my Ford Owner account last year after I bought my F150. Bought in June, points showed up around July or August. But I haven't used them yet, my dealer included first two oil changes on them. Had one done in November, no complaints. Not over filled, and they used the correct spec Motorcraft SN+ 5W30 synthetic blend and the oem filter cartridge. Like yours, it was the "works" service with tire rotation and fluid checks etc.

The build quality on mine is good and the 2.7 ecoboost engine and 10-speed transmission are a fantastic combination. I have a supercab w/ the 78" box. For bed liner I went with Dual Liner.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino

yes yes yes, OMG, Im in florida and when it rains my goodness is it loud!!!

Sounds like a good reason to pull down the headliner and apply some dynamat to the underside of the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back