Million parts struts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any information on this brand or who may actually make them? They are on Amazon and have good reviews. They're cheap to so I'm skeptical!

Last edited:
Probably not worth buying

What car are they for?
smile.gif

Never heard of them. Probably a white box Chinese made ones with a generic name.

If its a car you plan to keep for any length of time then get a name brand like KYB, Monroe, Sachs, etc...
If its something that may not last a long time but you need to make safer due to failure or to pass inspection then hit rockauto up and buy something from their economy section. Not great but should hold up as long as most beaters will.

I bought (from Rock auto) the bottom of the line Monroe struts for my 06 Sentra (RIP) and they lasted 100 K miles.
I really did not care about the ride at all,just get cheap brand name struts.

Is there really any good aftermarket struts? I've read KYB aftermarket isn't what it used to be!

I'm tempted to go OEM for struts, 50 bucks more.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Is there really any good aftermarket struts? I've read KYB aftermarket isn't what it used to be!

KYB struts have been good for me and my customers. Their mounts have had some issues in the last year or so. So buy the strut by-itself and either reuse your good mount or buy a better one to install yourself.

What kind of car do you have?
smile.gif

Bilstein is awesome if they make them for your car. Koni Active/FSD is also good stuff.

Ford offers Motorcraft quick struts at a fair price, not too much more than aftermarket Monroe/KYB. Honda also sells OE quick struts, but they are quite expensive

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

What kind of car do you have?
smile.gif

Bilstein is awesome if they make them for your car. Koni Active/FSD is also good stuff.

Ford offers Motorcraft quick struts at a fair price, not too much more than aftermarket Monroe/KYB. Honda also sells OE quick struts, but they are quite expensive

Honda dealer supplied quick struts were not too bad price wise. I installed rear set last week. OEM List price was $205 each (greedy local dealer wanted $225 each) but were $138 each from a Honda internet parts dealer. Rock wanted $97 each for KYB.

Meh, I'm not interested, but what's the worst that could happen? Use for a year and you have to repeat the work? If it's a cheap beater vehicle that might be appropriate--it might be gone before the extra money spent on better parts is realized. OTOH they might work to your satisfaction, and for years at that.

If your labor is free then why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back