Sony MEX-GS820BT, good AM/FM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to replace my CDR23 in my Porsche with a single DIN with super AM/FM reception. I'm looking at this, Sony MEX-GS820BT, says it's 8dbf FM sensitivity.

Anyone know if this radio has good AM/FM reception and quality?

If not this one you'all know of one that does?

Thanks!

I've researched headunits to the end and back. From what ive found at least with car audio is stick with Pioneer Premier, Clarion who is back from the bring or Nakamichi who i think is still around. I personally have not seen and sony stuff to be worth the money in years.

Why not a Continental radio?
confused2.gif

I have one in my classic BMW and it suits the dash perfectly. FM reception is good, and I can pair it to my cell phone as it has Bluetooth capability.
I admit, it sometimes feels strange driving a car that was build decades before Bluetooth was invented.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
I've researched headunits to the end and back. From what ive found at least with car audio is stick with Pioneer Premier, Clarion who is back from the bring or Nakamichi who i think is still around. I personally have not seen and sony stuff to be worth the money in years.

Sony's CarPlay/Android Auto DDINs are decently good I'm willing to say, I've installed one and I was shocked at what a sub-$300 deck can do.

Clarion is now owned by a French firm, Fareucia who is a major OEM to European automakers for interiors - probably to win some Nissan and Honda contracts. Clarion focuses on OEM audio, Nissan and Subaru almost always use them, so does Honda. Ford used to use Clarion CD changers. Clarion was part of Hitachi, as was Nissan and Subaru.

Pioneer no longer makes Premier for sale outside of Best Buy and Crutchfield, they now have a "limited" line for independent car audio dealers. IMO, Pioneer has the best tuners in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back