100,000 ducks sent to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ndby-to-combat-locust-swarms/ar-BB10s7K0

"One duck is able to eat more than 200 locusts a day," Lu said in a telephone interview on Thursday, citing results of experiments to test the ducks' searching and predation capabilities.

A trial will start in China's western region of Xinjiang later this year before the ducks are sent to Pakistan, Lu said.

Swarms of desert locusts have been spreading through countries from eastern Africa to South Asia,

Where do you get 100,000 ducks?

Last edited:
Vern we have a small lake not far from me that I drive past twice a day. Easily 100 k there every morning and evening.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Amazon, of course.
smile.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Sohapy-100Pcs-Yellow-Decorations-Birthday/dp/B07PLVMDGZ

Originally Posted by mk378
OK next we need to find something that eats ducks...

The Pakistanis can take care of that on their own.

I grew up on a farm and always seemed to have some ducks. They are quite amusing to watch when they are hunting grasshoppers. They seem to go into a "stealth mode" and keep their bodies close to the ground as they hunt.
As far as the question of "What do you do with a duck?", they are very tasty if you don't mind a greasy meat.

"One duck is able to eat more than 200 locusts a day," Lu said in a telephone interview on Thursday, citing results of experiments to test the ducks' searching and predation capabilities.

A trial will start in China's western region of Xinjiang later this year before the ducks are sent to Pakistan, Lu said.

Swarms of desert locusts have been spreading through countries from eastern Africa to South Asia,

Where do you suppose these come from?

A country with over 1.3 billion people who consider duck meat to be highly desirable? You think they can come up with 100,000 ducks?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...isease-slashes-pork-output-idUSKCN1UL0CB
With birds already packed into around 60 open-sided buildings, farm owner Shenghe Group is expanding further, aiming to raise output by 30% this year to capture record profits as a plunge in pig numbers shrinks production of pork, China's favorite meat.

"The market prospects are very good now because of African swine fever," said Shenghe Chairman Wang Shuhong, whose firm sells about 300,000 ducklings a day for fattening and slaughter.

I've been to China where my guides showed me where to get seasoned duck gizzards, tongues, legs, etc. It's really weird too because they're individually vacuum packaged (doesn't require refrigeration) and then sold by weight.

[Linked Image from img.alicdn.com]

And yes it does say they're from Wuhan.

While I'm not a fan of eating ducks themselves, I do enjoy duck fat in cooking.

On a recent trip to the US, I stumbled across a jar of it from a US based company called "Fatworks"
I purchased it on a whim to use in place of boring (yet very healthy) coconut oil.

Gotta tell ya, oven roasted potatoes have NEVER tasted this good!
20.gif

Interesting concept, but there's always caveats like the flare up of a bird flu in Pakistan.

Locusts ? Sounds like one of the Biblical plagues ?

Wonder if the ducks will carry / spread the new virus everyone is talking about ?

Why even bother with ducks?

Why not just capture the locusts and eat it? Pure protein right there!
smile.gif

Grub hub! It's what's for dinner!

[Linked Image from thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com]

Remeber the old Looney Toon? There is a mouse so a cat is brought in. Guy gets sick of the cat so a dog is brought in. After living with the dog, he wants to gt rid of it so he brings in an elephant. Realizing he can't live with the elephant, he brings in a mouse to scare it away! Could be the same with the ducks.

Bring in water buffalos to get rid of the ducks and then have to bring in locusts to eat the grass to get rid of the buffalos!

What was the movie about the organic farm in California ? … they had a snail invasion and turned the waterfowl loose on them … crunchiest movie sound I ever heard, LoL …

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Locusts ? Sounds like one of the Biblical plagues ?

Wonder if the ducks will carry / spread the new virus everyone is talking about ?

Hmmm, locusts, virus, stock market collapse, Harry and Megan move to Canada? Plus it's a leap year. End of the World!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back