Ford to reduce warranty costs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read today that Ford will reduce it's warranty costs by 5 billion dollars.
How will they do that?
Pay the dealers less to fix warranty issues?

By denying warranty claims and forcing buyers to court in non lemon law states. Tried and true tactics they have used over the years and they wonder why their market share recedes. If they aren't careful they will eventually cede the pickup market share lead also.

It means Ford will stiff the customer on warranty repairs. There are two ways to reduce warranty claims besides just selling fewer vehicles. One way is to increase build quality, but that's not happening. The other way is to deny warranty claims.

My company just keeps leasing them (Transit 250s), and each year seems to be worse than the one before. I'm starting to think they like paying big bucks for denied warranty claims, out of warranty repairs, & rentals! Ford is already denying a lot, I can't imagine how they could get any wose.

How to reduce warranty cost? Increase QUALITY. Learn from Toyota! and you will increase sales.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
How to reduce warranty cost? Increase QUALITY. Learn from Toyota! and you will increase sales.

That'll be the day
18.gif

Ford is in dire straights. The bottom is going to drop out soon.
That's what you get for hiring a cheap furniture salesman as CEO
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

They can easily do that by not putting out cars with GARBAGE transmissions. No more cars for Ford anyways except the Mustang, so problem solved.

A few decades ago I was a Ford loyalist. Good for a new car/truck every two years. They so made me hate them over their warranty treatment of me that I now fervently wish they would go under. Too bad for all their employees I suppose but my spite knows no bounds when it comes to Ford.

That statement is targeted at Wall Street. To us that won't tell you whether it is "improve reliability" or "deny the car is problem" or "we'll shaft our dealer for it". I'll play it safe by not participating, as I don't think Ford can improve reliability enough to just cut back this cost.

Maybe, if they stop developing unreliable tech (Dual clutch, turbo, direct injection) and keep using the old reliable tech (6 speed auto, 4 cylinder NA), that'll happen?

Originally Posted by PandaBear
That statement is targeted at Wall Street. To us that won't tell you whether it is "improve reliability" or "deny the car is problem" or "we'll shaft our dealer for it". I'll play it safe by not participating, as I don't think Ford can improve reliability enough to just cut back this cost.

Maybe, if they stop developing unreliable tech (Dual clutch, turbo, direct injection) and keep using the old reliable tech (6 speed auto, 4 cylinder NA), that'll happen?

V8 and 4 speed auto is where it's at
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by PandaBear

V8 and 4 speed auto is where it's at
smile.gif

sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back