What Is This ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a filter, I know. But why is it like this, just loose and boxless? Found this at my local Wally World.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Imp4
There's no box on it when it's attached to the car.
Who needs one when it's on the shelf???

lol.gif

That is funny... Yet obviously true.

No way I'd buy a filter like that.

Probably taken out of the box, by bitog members blowing in them to test the adv.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Imp4
Who needs one when it's on the shelf???

The box is there to prevent stuff from falling into it. Maybe not a big deal, but i'd prefer not to have any foreign objects sitting in my brand new filtrer.

It looks like you are in the clearance section. If those filters sells for $1.00 or less for clearance, I believe the store manager made a smart move to take those items out of the box. The store manager was thinking buyers would swap in an expensive oil filter such as Fram Ultra, Mobil 1, etc and get that oil filter scan for for whatever the clearance price. Smart move I would say.
Whenever I buy Motorcraft oil filters from Walmart, I always open the box and see if the correct oil filter is there. There are some people swapping the expensive oil filters and put them in a supertech box

Last edited:
Thats called a fleetpack filter. When I buy a case of oil filters I can buy them in individual boxes or fleetpack (durapack in Delco speak). At the shop level, we put the case on the shelf and work out of the case box so having each filter in its own box isnt as important. Buying the fleetpack is a bit cheaper per filter

Originally Posted by spasm3

Probably taken out of the box, by bitog members blowing in them to test the adv.

lol.gif

Lip contact with a filter.... Nah man... I ain't rolling like that
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero

lol.gif

Lip contact with a filter.... Nah man... I ain't rolling like that
lol.gif

Me either, there was an old thread about this. I read it before i was a member.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/336073/1

And another thread.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2806212/all/oil-filter-blow-test

Last edited:
Autozone and Walmart in my area sells that exact filter and it is box less. Reduced packaging cost for the manufacture.

Originally Posted by Mike L. V.
Autozone and Walmart in my area sells that exact filter and it is box less. Reduced packaging cost for the manufacture.

no, no, no, you're looking at it all wrong... less packaging waste for the consumer... it's environmentally friendly!

lol.gif
That's funny. But yeah, where practicable I'll inspect filters prior to purchase. Blow (or suck) on centertube to test adbv? Not in this or any other lifetime. Rare occurrence compromised adbv, some start up rattle, I'll live with it. Heck I found Gonher Nissan OEM filters with design flaw that had that.

As for topic, almost looks like a markdown shelf/rack with other products around them. All the ACDelco OF I've seen in WM have a box. If one had a light on hand for good look down centertube, price being right, likely ok to use.

The PF63E's I'm currently going through had one box holding a dozen, so yeah no single boxes on that deal.
Even though I had no opportunity to inspect (mouth part, not an option) … they have been mint before and after use.

As stated, it's an ACDelco Durapack. The Durapack SKU number will have an "F" suffix on the carton somewhere (obv the carton is gone) for ex. "PF63EF".

I bought half dozen AC Delco PF64 from RockAuto and they were shipped loose like that in a big box. I've never seen that before either until now. I then bought a bunch of PF64 from Amazon because they are practically giving them away, they were shipped in individual boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back