Wolf's Head Brand 15W40 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,i saw wolf's head brand 15w40 diesel rated motor oil in a car parts store the other day,and i was wondering if it was a suitable oil for short 3000 to 6000 mile hdeo engine oil change intervals. I was wondering if anyone has a voa of this oil,and it's additive packages because i am considering purchasing two cases at $1.45 a quart. Thank you in advance for all the advice

-Pete

Wolf's Head. Now there is a brand name from the past. Wonder who is blending it?

Why would you take a chance with this stuff when you can get Delvac 1300 from WM for virtually the same price?

Not so sure that I would take a chance if I were you. There are too many good quality, inexpensive motor oils already out on the market that have been proven. Delo 15W-40 is a great choice for a non synthetic.

That was actually the character Earl Keese from the movie Neighbors who said that about Wolfs Head. I think it is still Pennzoil's discount oil as far as I know. I have a friend whose family has used it for generations with no complaints.

Yeah,but the movie Neighbors stunk.I liked the Blues Brothers better.
grin.gif

Isn't Wolf's Head Shell's lowest quality brand? I rank Shell's brands:
1) Pennzoil
2) Shell
3) Quaker St.
4) Wolf's Head.

Pete, can't you find a better oil for about the same price and extend the oil changes a bit?

Ken

well ken,i was using this as a cheap alternative,for people who don't have alotta money,and have a old oil guzzling beater,personally if it were my own vehicle i'd use delo 15w40 or delvac 1 5w40,or delvac 15w40. This is just a cheap oil change price alternative for customers without tons of money that are rather poor,and stick to 3k oci's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back