2008 2.4L Accord ps cooler hose leaking replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed my ps reservoir was not at full mark today, upon closer inspection it looks like corrosion has led to some seepage of ps fluid.

#18 in the diagram Honda part no 53765-TA0-A00 $20
Corrosion Is happening right where #6 clip holds the pipe.

Any experience replacing this pipe? Difficulty?

Should I buy any other new clips/parts while I'm at it?
TIA

Doesn't look like any fluid is getting on the belt. Mostly just going down.
How long can I wait to fix this? As long as I keep it topped off.

IMG_20200227_125013.jpg

Screenshot_20200227-125903.png

Last edited:
If it's just the return line, you can make your own out of fuel/tranny hose. If it's the feed line NO because that one is under pressure. I've done it on several vehicles using rubber fuel/tranny hose. Again, only for the feed line and you'll need to buy enough length of hose.

Last edited:
Curious why it runs down towards the ground so far, makes a loop, then back up half the distance it went down before it connects (to the rack ?).

Originally Posted by Brybo86
Should I buy any other new clips/parts while I'm at it?

If they're cheap enough, get them as I'm willing to bet you'll destroy the existing ones trying to get them out. You could also use aftermarket clips.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Curious why it runs down towards the ground so far, makes a loop, then back up half the distance it went down before it connects (to the rack ?)

I think it is a very primitive cooler tube , goes out In front of the radiator and then back to reservoir

Curious why it runs down towards the ground so far, makes a loop, then back up half the distance it went down before it connects (to the rack ?)

I think it is a very primitive cooler tube , goes out In front of the radiator and then back to reservoir

Yup, provides a small amount of cooling to that circuit. Seen plenty of cars that the PSF cooler is just a loop of pipe.

This happened to my wife's RX300. The return line rotten in one spot, then another. Finally I just bought 6' + of tranny/fuel line and went from the resivior straight to the rack. That and some cable ties in the correct places & proper bends/loops and NEVER an issue again.

Last edited:

Now that you say that, and my memory may not be accurate here, but I want to say my '88 Prelude had the PS line that ran from one side to the other, in front of the exhaust manifold, and actually had a FINNED outer sleeve/jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back