Help me Decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at P365, VP9SK and a Micro Mini for concealed carry. All are very nice. 3 very different pistols. Do you have an opinion as to what you would choose if price didn't really matter?

Of those, I've shot the P365.

It's a great choice.

Nice trigger. Feels good. Accurate. Well made.

H&K makes a great gun, in general, and I own a USP compact, but I've not shot the VP9SK. The P365 looks to be considerably slimmer.

Never heard of the 3rd, so I wouldn't recommend it over two very well known, quality manufacturers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
I'm looking at P365, VP9SK and a Micro Mini for concealed carry. All are very nice. 3 very different pistols. Do you have an opinion as to what you would choose if price didn't really matter?

I would choose a 2" , 5 shot wheel gun . Ruger , S&W or Colt . In .357 Mag , if available . Otherwise in .38 Special . Or .44 Special .

If your state laws forbid the handgun from " printing " .

A lot depends on your body build and the climate .

Originally Posted by Gebo
Kimber Micro Mini

Micro 9, perhaps? Or Micro?

I can't find a "Micro Mini" in anyone's lineup.

If you're talking Micro 9, so that caliber, at least, is consistent among your choices, then I would still go with the Sig P365.

Kimber claims a smooth trigger. It probably is. But the gun is a single action 1911-style pistol. Carried cocked and locked. Far more training is required for that one than for the Sig. The Sig is draw and pull. The Kimber is cocked and locked the holstered. Draw and safety off, then pull...or holster without being cocked and locked.,..then draw, cock and pull...either way, it's an extra step, and a different extra step depending on your choice in carry condition.

Frankly, you would be surprised how many people, trained LE and military types, will forget a safety on say, an M-9 when shooting under pressure. I'm not a fan of safeties in a carry gun for that simple reason.

The Sig and the H&K have a big advantage in this comparison.

Additionally, both the H&K and the Sig carry three extra rounds. That's an important difference.

Finally, that H&K is a big gun compared with the other two. Significantly longer, and thicker.

So, size, capacity, trigger, simplicity - advantage Sig.

Kimber can be hit or miss in the reliability department.
I own a Shield , P30sk, LC9s, Glock 43 and a few others.
I carry the Shield the most.

Where did I get Micro Mini? LOL

Micro 9

I was rushing eating in Bojangles while I was posting.

Then answering outside the barbershop.

Focus gebo.
happy2.gif

I own the 365 - I personally feel that it and the Hellcat offer the best balance of size and capacity. Both have a good trigger and both are more than accurate for defensive purposes.

I recently was CC pistol shopping. The 365 is nice in theory, but I couldn't mentally get over the issues it's had even though hey have supposedly been fixed.

The Hellcat is a really cool gun. However, I found the grip to be too slim for me. I felt like I had to grip it too hard to feel like I had a good purchase on it.

I actually picked up a Glock G43X. It's amazingly comfortable in the hand and shoots great. Not at all snappy like my last CC, a S&W shield. Yes it's "only" 10 rounds but there is a flush mount 15 round mag out for it now if you need that. It's the same size as the Shield. I wasn't expecting to leave the store with it because I've never owned a Glock, but it's my favorite pistol to shoot now.

Last edited:
I may be showing my age, but I think I like metal guns. Well, I can deal with rubber grips but I feel I am being drawn to an all metal pistol.

I may be old too, but the compact, lightweight polymer pistols always have my #1 interest. I pocket-carry 85% of the time. Don't want manual safeties anymore either.

A heavier trigger takes a few gun range visits to get used to. But it's all smooth sailing after that. If I were in law enforcement, I wouldn't go this route. But I'm not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back