Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax.

Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I just ordered a bottle. You guys sold me.

Let us know what you think!

You can pick up a bottle at both O'Reillys or AutoZone.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83
You can pick up a bottle at both O'Reillys or AutoZone.
cheers3.gif

No O'Reilly's stores here, and AutoZone carries the 3 in 1 Wax unfortunately. I'd like to try it but don't want to mail order it.

Just purchased a spray bottle of the Griots ceramic 3 in 1 wax at Auto Zone. Tried it on the black truck, works wonderfully. It couldn't be easier. The shine is the best I've ever seen on this truck. Beautiful. Hope it holds up! Seems to work on plastic trim too.

Also, I used it on my Miller welding helmet. I have one of those plain old helmets that look awful after a few years. This stuff was almost like putting Armor All on the plastic, made it look great. Plus it cleaned the lenses wonderfully.

I'm seriously impressed with the shine it provides, the best I've ever seen. In fact, I've never used a product this good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cujet
Just purchased a spray bottle of the Griots ceramic 3 in 1 wax at Auto Zone. Tried it on the black truck, works wonderfully. It couldn't be easier. The shine is the best I've ever seen on this truck. Beautiful. Hope it holds up! Seems to work on plastic trim too.

Also, I used it on my Miller welding helmet. I have one of those plain old helmets that look awful after a few years. This stuff was almost like putting Armor All on the plastic, made it look great. Plus it cleaned the lenses wonderfully.

I'm seriously impressed with the shine it provides, the best I've ever seen. In fact, I've never used a product this good.

Man, I am glad it work for you. It just so easy to use. I hope it holds up too. We have been getting some rain out here and it still looks really good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are you kidding me! This stuff is totally fantastic! My Civic can be accurately described as a white mirror. You gotta get this
unbelievable stuff! (573,000 miles)

That thing looks great! I can't believe it has 573,000 miles on it! It is hard to make white shine like that. Glad it worked for you! I love the stuff.

I'm going to get a bottle of this after seeing what it looks like on colors that don't pop.

Now all I need is some decent weather.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I'm going to get a bottle of this after seeing what it looks like on colors that don't pop.

Please post some photos, before and after would be awesome.

Originally Posted by harry j
Originally Posted by PimTac

Please post some photos, before and after would be awesome.

Will do. The weather is not too promising this week. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the review on this. I'm going to try one off these 'coatings' this Spring, and I'm tired of WOWO sealant. O'Reilly has this for $15.99. That's still higher (per ounce), than TW Ice Seal & Shine. I'd like to see a comparison of the two. Both have great reviews.

It broke 50 degrees today so I gave the CX5 a much needed wash and then tried out this Griots.

This stuff is dandy. The smell is something like banana tutti frutti. The Griots bottles are some of the best out there and this one sprayed out a nice fine mist. The product spreads very easily. I used a medium microfiber to spread it and then a plush microfiber for the buff.

The initial shine is fantastic. My experience tells me it will get a bit better after 12-24 hours as it cures. The trick is to use it sparingly.

Sorry, no pictures yet. My carport is shady so I need to wait until late afternoon for any chance of good shots.

Interesting. I used the Megs Hybrid Ceramic spray wax stuff yesterday and fairly happy. The depth of shine is much less than I am used to with their D156 and ULW, though. And those aren't too bad for durability. If this stuff layers as well as Mike says on their forums then throwing some D156 over top might be a great combo.

I love GG products and have been a user of all their stuff since about 2000. Only thing I can add about the new ceramic is start with a clean and prepped surface. Buff out all the swirl marks and clean the surface before application to maximize shine and durability - no different than with other products. I find the GG ceramic does a great job very quickly and lasts about 2-3 months before showing some loss in beading and gloss on my daily driven black vehicle. The total protection would probably be gone by the 4th month. Not a bad result for the ease of use. Most waxes and sealants require more labor yet last the same time frame. Using a spray detailer or quick spray wax extends the life greatly if not indefintely.

Last edited:
Back