CCI clean .22 ammo - polymer coated HV

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=955CC

What sort of pattern are people getting out of these ?

Took some to the range yesterday afternoon, and the Krico was severely disappointing with it...never seen anything pattern so poorly...tried some mini-mags (not usually an HV person, I prefer the lower drift of the subsonics in the wind), and grouped very very well.

Will try them in the Brno an the Rossi...have some with a mate with the Norinco that I built up for him.

Interested in others' results.

Found one primed case with no powder or projectile in my jar also...

The bullet coating is probably more aimed at the cleaner angle vs the accuracy. I've never shot coated .22. Coated bullets in larger calibers shoot fine in my experience.

I've got coated cast for my .44Mg lever action, and they do a pretty OK job.

Must mike these on the weekend, and see if they've made them smaller to allow for the polymer coating...if they are small diameter, might explain my accuracy...(or lack thereof).

Originally Posted by Shannow
I've got coated cast for my .44Mg lever action, and they do a pretty OK job.

Must mike these on the weekend, and see if they've made them smaller to allow for the polymer coating...if they are small diameter, might explain my accuracy...(or lack thereof).

Have you slugged the bore on your .44 lever? For some reason .44 rifles tend to have larger bores than handguns. A littler larger bullet really tightens up the groups.

It's a B92 with microgroove style rifling (yes, have been told I'm wrong, an my 1967 Brno does too...but they are)...

Haven't slugged it...been looking for a 0.431 mold, and doing it myself.

When I say looking, that's about every second year.

I think of getting rid of it, then I take it to the range, then don't.

I am a Range officer so I see a lot of shooting.
You are correct, the .22 polymer ammo is preforming very poorly in .22 rifles.

Originally Posted by Shannow
It's a B92 with microgroove style rifling (yes, have been told I'm wrong, an my 1967 Brno does too...but they are)...

Haven't slugged it...been looking for a 0.431 mold, and doing it myself.

When I say looking, that's about every second year.

I think of getting rid of it, then I take it to the range, then don't.
Microgroove barrels are especially bad about not liking undersized cast bullets. Marlins had a bad rep with cast bullets. A little larger bore plus Microgroove plus cast is a bad combo. You want 1-2 thousands larger than the grooves and they shoot nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back