FL820S C&P BAD GLUE JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was definitely a Purolator, everything was standard Purolator made Motorcraft except the wonky glue. The last FL820S I cut open before this back in the summer had tears in the media from another vehicle I own. I have always trusted Motocraft products, but no more filters for me.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
I cut a Mopar filter open 6 years ago and it did the same thing.

Yep and this is one of the reasons I don't use filters for more than one OCI!

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by DudeNiceRide
That Motorcraft filter that was cut open was made by Purolator / Mann / Wix. That's been the standard Motorcraft design for a while now.

That is no Wix design and the Wix brand is not part of this oil filter disaster. The filter OP changed over to, Wix 51372, is a Wix.

Motorcraft (made by Purolator), Purolator, and GASP, WIX(!) are all owned by Mann & Hummel now. Fortunately, except for isolated examples, Wix/NAPA are still made in the same plant they've been made in since before Mann bought them. I would add, there's really nothing wrong with the design, it's the execution that seems to be the problem...

Tell me something I don't already know. Who cares what company owns what brand that is like saying Daimler Benz once owned Dodge. It's still just a Dodge.

Originally Posted by wdn
Tell me something I don't already know. Who cares what company owns what brand that is like saying Daimler Benz once owned Dodge. It's still just a Dodge.

True so many companies are like that.

Originally Posted by wdn

Well. when you say that "Wix had nothing to do with it", it's true, and sort of not. An argument could be made that Ford has nothing to do with the bad MC filters either, but when your name is on it, you have something to do with it. Chrysler is not the greatest argument either, because a lot of Daimler tech made it into Chrysler vehicles (the Crossfire for example), and now a whole lot of Fiat is in them...
02.gif
I'm a Mopar guy from way back, and it would take a LOT to get me in any modern Dodge anything (Hellcat & Demon being exceptions).

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by DudeNiceRide
That Motorcraft filter that was cut open was made by Purolator / Mann / Wix. That's been the standard Motorcraft design for a while now.

That is no Wix design and the Wix brand is not part of this oil filter disaster. The filter OP changed over to, Wix 51372, is a Wix.

Motorcraft (made by Purolator), Purolator, and GASP, WIX(!) are all owned by Mann & Hummel now. Fortunately, except for isolated examples, Wix/NAPA are still made in the same plant they've been made in since before Mann bought them. I would add, there's really nothing wrong with the design, it's the execution that seems to be the problem...

No matter how you put it or who owns them anymore, the filter shown in the original post is the "Purolator design".

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
It almost seems the 820s could be counterfeited a lot. What was the source of this filter?

Made by Motorcraft. No "seems" to anyone eyes except yours

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
It almost seems the 820s could be counterfeited a lot. What was the source of this filter?

Made by Motorcraft. No "seems" to anyone eyes except yours

Farnsworth said:

The answer was given, the question was fair, and maybe you didn't read it.

If any company was counterfeiting these filters, they would likely be holding up better than these Purolator made Motorcrafts.
Most of the cheap $2 made in China filters cut and posted on here look better than these Motorcrafts.

Originally Posted by cronk
If any company was counterfeiting these filters, they would likely be holding up better than these Purolator made Motorcrafts.
Most of the cheap $2 made in China filters cut and posted on here look better than these Motorcrafts.

LoL ... probably so.

Oh, I read all the b.s. in that thread from Purolator lovers. Dont worry yourself

I asked the man a question, and a fair question given all the MC fake parts out there. He answered he got it at Walmart.

This is why I like fram extraguard. Gluing the fiber end caps to the filter media results in a solid bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back