Delvac 1300 15W40 vs Rotella T 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are excellent oils, I run Delvac 1300 in my Duramax diesel and Rotella T in my John Deere diesel tractor. Going to try Rotella syn in my Duramax, next OCI.

Use Delvac Super in 45c weather here in India as well as -10c and it performs wonderfuly in my gas, diesel and a kerosene Honda genset. Truly versatile product and the best value for money along with Delo 400.

Gurkha:

Curious to find out the following about oils distributed/sold in India:

Motor oils from USA/European oil companies, I wonder where the oil is blended and packaged? It might say on the containers.

I don't know which one would be better in your application. I go with what experienced truckers that I'm friends with. About a dozen total. Out of the 12, only two favor Rotella but, those two have no experience with Delvac 1300 at all they are just brand loyal. Of the two that use the Rotella, both had to due rebuilds of their engines at around the 500,000 to 600,000 mark. As for the Delvac 1300 users, one in particular got a Detroit Series 60 engine equipt Freightliner brand new and drove it over 1,000,000 miles before he retired. Melvern told me that the truck never had a major problem in the whole time. A big plus was that the engine was still running like a top when he gave it up and never went through a rebuild!

I went to Autozone today and picked up 2 gallons of the Delvac 1300. Cost a little over $6 a gallon. Rotella was almost $8 a gallon. In the end, the price was a big factor in my decision.
grin.gif

I'm late but I have used Rotella T in a 4.0 and a few bikes and really like the stuff a lot. Both are very good oils and work very well in your application.

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
Gurkha:

Curious to find out the following about oils distributed/sold in India:

Motor oils from USA/European oil companies, I wonder where the oil is blended and packaged? It might say on the containers.

Hi,

The Delvac MX and Super comes from middle east, the Delo comes from Australia or Thailand. Castrol and Shell are made right here. Aral is totally German and Idemitsu is made here by an Indian company under license. Mobil-I/Delvac-I are made in the USA.

quote:

Originally posted by 99:
I went to Autozone today and picked up 2 gallons of the Delvac 1300. Cost a little over $6 a gallon. Rotella was almost $8 a gallon. In the end, the price was a big factor in my decision.
grin.gif

Just wanted to say that Delvac is 5.88 at wally world, if you can get to one.

the wally world here had delo 400 gallon jugs for $4.99 a gallon. needless to say by the time i got there they were all gone. last time i checked all the delo they had was the old CI-4 spec. so hopefully they were just cleaning out their old stock and they will get come CI-4+. either that or they are gonna quit stocking it...

quote:

Originally posted by steiner43511:
the wally world here had delo 400 gallon jugs for $4.99 a gallon. needless to say by the time i got there they were all gone. last time i checked all the delo they had was the old CI-4 spec. so hopefully they were just cleaning out their old stock and they will get come CI-4+. either that or they are gonna quit stocking it...

=========
Wouldn't a four hundred gallon jug of oil be rather hard to pour?
grin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

quote:

Originally posted by steiner43511:

Sam's Club has 6 gallon boxes for $6.08 pre gallon.

I guess Autozone "hosed" me on the price, but they're only a couple blocks from my house and Walmart isn't. The next time I'm at Walmart I'll see if they have the Delvac.
smile.gif

Was at Sam's Club tonight and they have Delo 400 in boxes of six one gallon containers for $36. They had a couple pallets of this stuff and from what I've read about it here, it's right up there with the Delvac. I think I just found my new oil.
grin.gif

IMHO a $ a quart for ANY modern (and I don't necessarilly mean "the LATEST spec) HDEO is a true deal.

Unless you live in Antartica and drive a BMW M5, that is...
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Norm Olt:
IMHO a $ a quart for ANY modern (and I don't necessarilly mean "the LATEST spec) HDEO is a true deal.

Unless you live in Antartica and drive a BMW M5, that is...
lol.gif

In that case, would the 15W-40 HDEO be both too thick and too thin?

I purchased 4 gallons of Mobil 1300 Delvac at Walmart for 6.96 a gallon in Illinois...I was sure to see the CI4+ on the container. I had looked at Autozone, Advanced Autoparts and Oreilly and all of their 15w40 was CI4, NOT CI4+...must be old stock.

BTW, when I changed the oil in my 2004 Cummins Dodge at 2,000 miles (1st change) the old oil was awful...black, smelly, foamy, ugh!!! Is this normal for diesels (I never owned one before)???

yes, diesel oil turns very dark black. get used to it if your gonna keep that truck for a long time. but the darkness is a good thing because that means the oil is doin its job.

well the wally world here quit carryin delo. they filled up the shelve with more rotella. they still are stocking delvac, so maybe ill try that next change. i do have to say thought that the delo has greatly reduced the topoff oil needed. i am over 2000 miles into this interval and i am just know up to 1 quart. with rotella two changes ago and schaeffers last change, i was using a quart every 1000 miles.

just for the record Mystik makes a really great 15w-40 disel oil worth considering,if you can find it,compair specs on the new stuff,,and $$$ ,if on a budget.BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back