1994 Buick Century 63k miles pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 Buick with 63,400 miles 2.2 3sp auto that's been in my Wifes family since new. I took ownership to use as a spare/work vehicle.

This weekend it's going to get fluid and filter changes. Belts and hoses and a set of plugs that I posted about last week. After a long drive the alternator started to make a grind/whine noise so I just ordered one of those. Also put on a new set of tires. It's been raining so it needs a bath.

[Linked Image from i1243.photobucket.com]

Ya know, I know/knew plenty of owners of this generation of Buick Century, Chevy Celebrity, Pontiac 6000 and all who owned them loved them.

They're a traditional American ride with comfort & features the way we like'em. They just did everything fine. Oh sure, the PRESS killed'em in their reviews but, if you were to drive one everyday, day-in & day-out, you'd probably get it.

I had a 1989 Olds Delta 88 with the same platform but with the V6. I ordered a killer stereo from Cruthfield that had Bluetooth, XM satellite radio, remote control, and hands free phone. It was truly plug and play. Smooth riding car.

That interior looks great. I knew lots of people who had these back in the day and they were basically all good cars. A lot of them had the Buick 3.3 (baby 3.8) and that was a good engine.
I was once given an 86 olds Delta 88 fwd with the 3.8, I drove it for 10 days with the 10 day permit. It turned out to be too rusted underneath to get safetied, but I really enjoyed driving it for the 10 days. I did lots of front wheel burnouts. I was 18 at the time. I ended up getting a $200 86 Caprice instead for a winter beater (from my best friend) that only needed exhaust for a safety and drove it for 3 winters before wrecking it. I miss those days of cheap transportation.

My best friend had a Cutlass Ciera (I'm guessing same car?) but had the V6. Was a really nice car!

Had no idea these things came with the 2.2. I thought that rattly Iron Duke was the Century's 4-banger. Very nice looking car. Zero lateral support, but those seats are COMFY.

I had a 1990 Cutlass Ciera with the 3.3 V6 and 4 speed AT. LOVED that car. Never let me down. Sold it with 220K on it and still see it around town from time to time. The only thing that went out on it was the crank sensor at about 190K. Other than maintenance, no problem. Comfortable. Roomy. Got great gas mileage too.

The end of the well designed GM "family" cars.

I had an X-body X-11 Citation with H.O.carbed V6 and manual.
Comfortable AND a awesome handler.
Came from the factory with a rod knock though
frown.gif

I hate most of today's cars.

The last two greats I drove ( as week- long rentals in FLA ) were:

last gen Grand Marquis and the Buick LeSabre.

I wanted to buy and take both home !

My next car will be a yesteryear car.

Unless something awesome pops up that I dont know about.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
The end of the well designed GM "family" cars.

I had an X-body X-11 Citation with H.O.carbed V6 and manual.
Comfortable AND a awesome handler.
Came from the factory with a rod knock though
frown.gif

I hate most of today's cars.

The last two greats I drove ( as week- long rentals in FLA ) were:

last gen Grand Marquis and the Buick LeSabre.

I wanted to buy and take both home !

My next car will be a yesteryear car.

Unless something awesome pops up that I dont know about.

I hate most of today's cars as well. The last cars I had a passion for were the 1990s "Japanese exotics".

Thank you for the pics
thumbsup2.gif

The red interior is awesome
smile.gif

Any under hood pictures? The small engine under that long hood must have a lot of room and make it easy to service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back