Finding BP location from store #, stole my $20 gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago, I got $100 BP gift card, used 3X for $20 each and left in the drawer and forgot. Earlier this month, while cleaning, found the card and went to BP location to check the balance. I was told there are $40 on it. Used $20 and left $20 on it to fill up later.

I went to the station now and there is no balance. I called the customer service where the rep told me that it was last used at store number 1792910 on Feb 10th. I last filled gas on Feb 5th. I take pictures of every receipt in an app called as Receipt Hog so I know where I spent money (esp when its cash)

I can not find out where this store is. Does anybody have an idea to find the location?

I am not sweating over $20 but feel violated to get stolen like that.

Thanks in advance

What are you going to do once you find out the location of the store?

Call the rep back and ask where that store # is. If s/he doesn't know, call a different BP number, maybe the one for your regional BP manager.

However, I doubt that requires a signature, nor that they could pull up video of the person making the transaction if you could find the store # and exact time of the transaction. Knowing Feb 10th doesn't do any good by itself, even if they had the video feed from that day it would be blurry and you'd just see a day's worth of hundreds of customers scanning an unknown card into the card reader.

Point is, you're probably SOL. Personally, I like to burn through gift cards right away so I don't forget about them or have to read fine print to find out if they have a use-by date.

Last edited:
bamboozled
frown.gif

Just throwing it out there. $20 seems to indicate you used it somewhere as it is your standard amount. The odds of someone using it elsewhere and the same $20 you should start playing the lottery.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Just throwing it out there. $20 seems to indicate you used it somewhere as it is your standard amount. The odds of someone using it elsewhere and the same $20 you should start playing the lottery.

Unless the Crooks asked "how much is left on this card ?"
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
bamboozled
frown.gif

This kind of thing happens way more often than you'd think.

I never liked gift cards because this nonsense. Plenty of strings attached and not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
Sometimes the pumps get pre-approved and slow down for the last 50 cents.

Originally Posted by Leo99
What are you going to do once you find out the location of the store?

I would like to find out if its the same store where I swiped a week before.

You can contact BP corporate about it. I've had good luck when contacting them about a different issue. They were responsive and didn't require me to jump through hoops either. I called an 800 number and the customer service representative was excellent and I dealt with her the entire time. She was pretty sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back