Which of these sub $4 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be ordering a couple things from RA soon. Which of these might be worth trying for a couple bucks?

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I've seen a C&P from the Champ PH2867 that looks great minus a nitrile ADBV.

Be careful because sometimes they'll ding you on the shipping.
It looks like you only have one choice originating from the same place as your other parts.

Also, current rebate on the AC Delco's is $1.50 each.
So that'd bring the price down to just over $1 each....

Last edited:
I have been using the ACDelco for the last several 5K OCIs on my Honda Odyssey. They are cheap, work well, and always available at Amazon for around $3 (or RockAuto). The rebate is a bonus. Any if the others under the standard heading would also work well, and are probably at least as good as the Honda brand filter. I would question the budget section just out of principle, unless I was not planning to keep the car.

Mahle or Champ.
Mahle customer service takes a week or so to get back to you, but they are pretty straight forward when asked about efficiency and length of use.

The forces of 1990s Clintonian Capitalism shall eviscerate the oil filter cabal of the present day if, and only if, you order the AC Delco brand.

Not only can you get that nifty thrifty filter for just over a dollar (before shipping!) but you can regale your starry eyed grandchildren with the unyielding quality and care you provided to your 15 year old Honda minivan. A steed well worth of 60 or so Chinese washing machines once it is recycled in the near future should you chose unwisely in this life changing experience of biblical proportions!

May the pensioners and retirees at AC Delco, and the other outsourced and defunct divisions of the old GM salute you as your family voyages about in your high quality filtration cocoon of penurious plenitude.

All the best

Roger Smith Esq.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I like trying different filters. But If it doesn't wear a silicone ADBV, I won't buy it.

But, but, but I run a tough guard filter 3 times more than rated for! AND it has a silicone ADBV
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4
Be careful because sometimes they'll ding you on the shipping.
It looks like you only have one choice originating from the same place as your other parts.

Also, current rebate on the AC Delco's is $1.50 each.
So that'd bring the price down to just over $1 each....

Yes
RA deals are not as good as they seem after shipping cost is figured in

From the group, Hastings. But for under four bucks go to W.M. to buy an orange can. Silicon ADBV would be the reason. I don't believe those filters have one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back