Sig P516 - my take

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a Sig P516,

Pros - OAL of 23 inches , piston

Cons - Triggers needs to be replaced, may be the worst AR trigger I ever experienced. Gas Block needs a little adjustment from what they suggested for 55g XM193LC1, quite sharp recoil.

Pretty accurate for my needs and a 7 inch barrel. I was able to hit an 8 inch gong with a 2 MOA red dot while I was zeroing my red dot,

LOUD, this sucker is LOUD, I ordered a Sig Can but I won't see for nearly a year.

I might try polishing the trigger a little before replacing it if that does not help with the first stage grittyness.

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I don't understand the point of a 5.56 with a 7 inch barrel

OAL = 23 inches = a pistol in MI

I had a previous thread on using an AR platform for Home defense, close quarters.

This GS-2 Geissele, 2 stage Combat trigger is on sale probably just till to tonight and is 129.95, list 169.99. They are very close to the $250.00 triggers, trigger holds hammer in a different manner, the batches are spot checked, for MP. I have a few, they are very nice and crisp, break like glass, just like the $250.00 triggers, I have some of those also.

P.S. 11.5'', or longer with a carbine gas length tube is the only proven reliable barrel length for .556, a flash can will screw onto the barrel and project the flash and "bang", or that loudness your going to go deaf from forward, and will tone down that really short barrel quite noticeable. Also, no waiting period, its 100% legal for anyone that can legally own the rifle.

https://aimsurplus.com/geissele-2-stage-g2s-trigger/

Novelty ? I thought about an AR pistol . Never could justify it in my mind .

If the lower is mil-spec , changing out the fire control parts is pretty straight forward .

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i have a 10" and its loud. Can't imagine what a 7" would be like.

A guy at the indoor range was shooting a 10" AR next to me and I couldn't believe how loud it was. I asked him what caliber it was and he said with a laugh that it was just .223. Yeah, no thanks.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Novelty ? I thought about an AR pistol . Never could justify it in my mind.

I don't get them either. They are all so very, 'Yeah, it's a pistol!' *wink,nudge*

Flash can - I will try one but I am afraid that 99.99% of the powder burns outside the barrel ;-),

Triggers - Thanks guys for the suggestions, I want to polish up the stock trigger, I will take a stab at it tonight, if it does not work out, then I will drop the ching ching.

Barrel length - I never worried about the lack of velocity on the 556 due to 7 inch barrel, plus this gun has a piston with an adjustable gas block.
My plinking will be steel gongs at 100 to 500, I will report back with my success or lack there of.

Originally Posted by stockrex

OAL = 23 inches = a pistol in MI

I had a previous thread on using an AR platform for Home defense, close quarters.

Thing is, if you can and are getting a can, why not 300blk?

Even suppressed subsonic 300blk is like 119db from an AR. .223 has got to be more.

I don't recall reading your rationale regarding choosing .223. The sig with adjustable gas block seems the ideal if costly solution if you're doing to be dialing in different HD ammo with a suppressor. Makes sense, even if $$. But why not 300?

I'm on the fence regarding an SBF, so the topic is interesting to me.

My sig rifle is in 7.62, and I like it a lot. I can imagine yours will be a lot of fun!

300 blk is nice but I don't need another caliber, hence 300 blk is out.

I gun is loud if I shoot with a roof over me or walls next to me, in the open it is fine.

Till I get my can I will probably get a forming cylinder to shoot through.

[Linked Image from mobileimages.lowes.com]

Originally Posted by stockrex
300 blk is nice but I don't need another caliber, hence 300 blk is out.

I gun is loud if I shoot with a roof over me or walls next to me, in the open it is fine.

Till I get my can I will probably get a forming cylinder to shoot through.

[Linked Image from mobileimages.lowes.com]

Yes and there no tax stamp on that is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back