Pentofluid EHF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this stuff? it is compatible with CHF-11S and possibly CHF-202 since the two fluids are similar. I was wondering if anyone tried it. This is made by Pentosin. It must be a new product, I can find much on it on the web yet but it is green and similar (or maybe same viscosity) as the other stuff. I know because I held a bottle of it in my hand earlier and was able to see green througn the white stripe on the bottle (plastic). I saw this in AutoZone today and wanted to see who else heard of this stuff. Here is a youtube video from Pentosin about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRXTSEoCSeo

I will most likely stick to the stuff I have been using but I was looking for opinions on it. From my very limited hits on a google search for Pentofluid EHF it does not seem likely that many would know much about it yet. If anything I am just letting all of you know that it is there so you can take a look. If anything I was planning a fluid change and saw that next to the CHF 202 and 11S. Not sure how many other stores have that yet.

I did today, turkey flushed my PS fluid- was $12 at Autozone. Seems fine. The MSDS seems to say it's not "synthetic," if that matters. Probably doesn't.

It is probably good. Better than paying $20 for 11S or 202
smile.gif

But Napa has something even better. Febi M6162 is only $10.

I would try the Febi fluid if I found it locally. Napa near me does not stock it but can reserve it for me. The only problem is if I reserve any they often have to take a whole case and what I didn't take might sit on the shelves for ages. FCPEuro sells CHF-202 for 14.52 each. If you prefer CHF-11S it is 15.95. When it is time to change it the second time after buying the first fluids from them, they have a lifetime replacement guarantee. You can send back the used oil next time for a refund and they encourage that too, check this link:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Does any other store have a similar guarantee? I hear that you only pay return shipping but I have not done a return yet. I got the oil for my Passat there. They have VW OEM and Febi 29934 transmission fluid too as well as other fluids for other European cars. They don't have any Japanese car parts but they may have an oil that can be used in them anyhow. I have no affiliation with them, just sharing the news of their guarantee. Don't believe it? Ask them.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
It is probably good. Better than paying $20 for 11S or 202
smile.gif

But Napa has something even better. Febi M6162 is only $10.

Is that Febi also green? I have suspected Febi is the off brand for some lubes. The Febi BMW trans fluid is yellow like the OEM LG6. I always try to find the repackaged lower price tier for all auto parts.

Originally Posted by robinasu
Is that Febi also green? I have suspected Febi is the off brand for some lubes.

Yes, the Febi is green
smile.gif

I am not sure that Febi would be an off brand. I just never see Febi oils and fluids on local store shelves. I find it strange because a lot of people like to buy stuff that is less expensive. I would give it a try if I found some on a store shelf but I don't want to reserve three of them and leave Napa stuck with all of it on their shelves. I would suspect that if another store would order it, that might be a similar situation in which they would get stuck with the rest of it unless they can get the exact quantity. If anything I was thinking of getting some Febi 29934 transmission fluid or Ravenol T-WS for my Passat. My Passat does not have the kind of cooler in which the ATF passes through an separate radiator or even one that is inside the radiator. I see it as a somewhat less than optimal design really. Some people with the same coolers have had them clog up internally causing overheating and slips. I would try the Ravenol because a lot of VW owners seem to like the stuff. It is just a matter of trying to find a site that sells the 20 liter containers. It is easy to find 1 and 4 liter bottles on Ravenol's store anyhow. I would prefer to just get a 4 or 20 since it is cheaper per liter that way. If you catch one of their sales it is better yet.

Originally Posted by Chuckh
I would give it a try if I found some on a store shelf but I don't want to reserve three of them and leave Napa stuck with all of it on their shelves.

If you know someone else with a car that uses the green stuff, or if someone else on here in your area needs it, you guys could do a group buy so that 6 bottles total are ordered
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back