Cleanest wheels on same axle or same side of car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to put the best looking ones on one side. Wouldn't want a nice wheel in front, then a scratched or pitted wheel on the same side in the back messing up the cars appearance.

I'm sure there are those that flip cars to make a buck that put the better looking wheels on the drivers side. Do you flip cars atikovi?

Do you rotate them as you photograph the cars?
lol.gif

The passenger side usually gets dirtier since that's the side that runs through the puddles at the side of the road and splashes up all the salt, road debris, and mud along that side of the car.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
The passenger side usually gets dirtier since that's the side that runs through the puddles at the side of the road and splashes up all the salt, road debris, and mud along that side of the car.

But the front wheels get dirtier because of the brake dust.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I'm sure there are those who own nice cars put the better looking wheels on the drivers side. Do you own nice cars skyactiv?

My wife has a nice car, I don't.

But if you use ceramic pads, you won't get brake dust.

Mine are by axle as the front tend to get more flats and bent/cracked rims. So I have the nice ones in the back. But of course if you're selling the car, it makes sense to have the nice side on the driver's side.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Mine are by axle as the front tend to get more flats and bent/cracked rims. So I have the nice ones in the back. But of course if you're selling the car, it makes sense to have the nice side on the driver's side.

What? Ceramic still causes brake dust... At least on my Escape it does!!

Last edited:
It doesn't factor in at all. When I get new tires, the wheels are put on wherever they're put on, then rotated properly with each wheel where it's supposed to go.

Do rinse wheels before scrubbing them clean and use ceramic pads for better cosmetic results.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by Wolf359

What? Ceramic still causes brake dust... At least on my Escape it does!!

You're not using the right pads. I have Akebono. No more brake dust.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I'm sure there are those that flip cars to make a buck that put the better looking wheels on the drivers side. Do you flip cars atikovi?

Everybody has to make a living, right ?

I have a 'flipper' neighbor and it's all about cosmetics with him. The mechanicals are ignored if at all possible.

I don't have nice cars so nope. Tires get rotated on a schedule, looks be darned.

Plus all mine are steelies, alloys look nice but as noted by the premise of this thread... it doesn't take much to trash their looks. Steelies can be ignored pretty much indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back