2002 civic F&F after using peak EL(green) then super tech (green)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying to do some searching on the topic, and being flooded with too much information and being unable to process all of it. I have learnt that supertech contains the dreaded 2 EHA. I am asking what would be the proper course of action for flushing and filling my 2002 honda civic ex (D17A2, if it matters) I am just trying to make this lil engine last long enough that one day i can teach my future kid to drive in it, as i was taught in it
19.gif

should I just buy some of the honda type-2 anti-freeze and fill it with that(after flushing)? is there anything that I can just add without much worry? what can I get for pennies on the dollar and what is something that some people would consider 'overkill'?

I am trying to find information on this subject but its leading me through many rabbit holes and Im not able to process all of the information in a productive manner. links to threads to help with an informed choice are always welcomed, as are opinions. Thanks in advance!

If it's got green coolant in it now, continue using green coolant. For what it's worth, I ran Super Tech long life (green) coolant in our '93 Civic for 20+ years.
Had 315,000 miles on it when was rear-ended and totaled last August.
Did a drain and fill every 30K miles.

CAR4.jpg

Yeah, I'll continue looking into the topic and then decide what to do. Previous owner ran straight water as it had a bad head gasket and would drink coolant. It had some corrosion inside that I've managed to clear out, just wanna give it the best treatment possible lol.

Originally Posted by TOMJ
If it's got green coolant in it now, continue using green coolant. For what it's worth, I ran Super Tech long life (green) coolant in our '93 Civic for 20+ years.
Had 315,000 miles on it when was rear-ended and totaled last August.
Did a drain and fill every 30K miles.

Sorry to hear it was totaled. That was a nice looking car! What did you use on the paint? The paint looked like it was in great shape!

This car was my wife's baby. We bought it new in '93, not long after we got married. The car was parked in a car port for the first 2 years, then in a garage after that.
We kept it washed, polished and waxed with assorted Meguiar's products over the years.

CAR1.jpg

Wow. Those things are clean. They'd have 1 or 2 stolen police reports on their history in my vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back